Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th yr......*cries*

Options
  • 29-08-2005 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

starting 6th year tomorrow...anyone else feeling slightly apprehensive of this coming year???

any ex-leaving certers with advice for us???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Oh good god. I started today actually. How fast those 3 months went.

Ah well, there's only one more year left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Hurray for 9 months from now....or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Jaysus, that's a bit early isn't it?

Just do your homework well kids, then move up to studying next year. Really, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

6th year is easily the best year, I had an absolute blast in 6th year. Loads of parties, most of those bullsh*t social barriers just faded away and our highly under-rated form soccer team made it to the final of our prestigious 6 a-side tournament. Oh, and then there was that exam thingy at the end of it all which I got 445 in.
    I know it's hard too but don't let the leaving cert. dominate your 6th year, it's really not worth it (unless you're going for medicine). It's hyped up a lot and tbh I didn't find it that stressful at all.

Well 10 months then.

And are the teachers really serious about the 10 hours study on the weekends? I'd explode if i did that much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

grimloch wrote:
    Ah well, there's only one more year left.

And it's all down hill from here...

Sorry for bursting your bubble! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

AlienGav wrote:

Sorry for bursting your bubble! :D
    wel thats a great confidence booster lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

any ex-leaving certers with advice for us???

Yes, start studying NOW or you'll be in teh same situation as me this time next year and going back to repeat.
    One of my friends did no work in 5th year and loads in 6th year and came out with 530.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

mp1972 wrote:
    Yes, start studying NOW or you'll be in teh same situation as me this time next year and going back to repeat.
    One of my friends did no work in 5th year and loads in 6th year and came out with 530.

That is definately one of the things on my agenda. My chronic laziness must end at some stage.

Especially as this year is going to fly by I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Honestly, 6th year was my most enjoyable school year! Teachers treated us more as equals, had great chats etc. Our class all got very close, people who had never been friends before 6th year got on great. Yes there's work to do but there's so much other stuff that happens, don't dread it, enjoy it :)

• Advertisement

mp1972 wrote:
    thats exactly like me actually lol...hmmm...yeah i'll start working asap!!!

grimloch wrote:
    That is definately one of the things on my agenda. My chronic laziness must end at some stage.

Especially as this year is going to fly by I'd say.

It does...once you get past Christmas you'll find the actual leaving is on top of you.

Honestly, 6th year was my most enjoyable school year! Teachers treated us more as equals, had great chats etc. Our class all got very close, people who had never been friends before 6th year got on great. Yes there's work to do but there's so much other stuff that happens, don't dread it, enjoy it :)

We had a great time too but 95% of us got no work done mostly because most of our teachers didn't bother teaching us.

yep, lets just do it though! it'll be a rough and tough one but there's so much light at the end of the Tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

easily the best advice.

if i can add one thing, any homework you are given do it well, and if it's a question from past papers do them in the time allotted in the exams.

you'll wonder what the fuss was about come 5:00 on wednesday 7th june.

yep, lets just do it though! it'll be a rough and tough one but there's so much light at the end of the Tunnel
    yeah thats so true...and anyway...it is only ONE year!! not even a year...like 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

best year of my life [so far]
    dont get too fussed over it, be cool :cool: and dont stress!
    do your work throughout the year and revision and you'll be grand.
    Start as you mean to go on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm starting classes tomorrow :(

Hoping for 545, ****ing it not only of the LC, but because the best 6 years of my life will be over. All my friends will be breaking up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Im back on Wednesday, cant wait till it's all over and done with! so i can spend a year travelling (if i get cash) but if not, spending the year without any stress will be sweet roll on this time next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I hate sounding like my parents but...

"Knuckle down, get your homework done and dont look up til you're finished"

Got me through alright (albeit with better marks in my mocks :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ando

AlienGav wrote:

Bingo.... :eek: :cool:

ando wrote:
    Bingo.... :eek: :cool:
    thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

The main thing to remember which has been mentioned already is to STUDY FROM THE START!
    Cramming is sooo stressfull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Rhyme wrote:
    I hate sounding like my parents but...

"Knuckle down, get your homework done and dont look up til you're finished"

Got me through alright (albeit with better marks in my mocks :rolleyes: )

Same here. Have a life though - and take a break at mid-term/christmas etc, that's what they're there for. Take grinds if you're weak, don't bother if you're not... take two nights off a week too, no point being insane about it at the beginning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i start on wednesday too-the sooner we start the sooner its over :D

Yes but the later we start the more time we have now!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Bah it starts tomorrow. I decided to do medicine over the summer for some odd reason. I don't think i'll get the points. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

All I'm going to say to you all is...
    GOOD LUCK! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Im not looking forward to it at all and to make it worse im in a all lads school. :mad:
    I was at the Gaeltacht for 3 weeks during the summer an I have to say it was the best 3 weeks of my life. I'll never have as much craic in 3 weeks so at least I can say that I enjoyed my summer :D

Oh yeah im not back until Friday(only a half day) and not back properly until Monday.

• Advertisement

Damn u ceaser! Although im in al all lads school and its crap, no distractions :rolleyes:

Advertisement