Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a guest pass?

• 29-08-2005 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Well, i just got WoW off a friend of mine. He gave me his guest pass and all...I installed the game and now its telling me the guest pass doesnt work. Pretty sure noone else has used the guest pass and i REALLY want to try this game before i buy. Anyone got a spare guest pass they wanna throw my way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Its 12-freakin' euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeh but you also have to buy the game whihc is like 40 euro and im not splaishing that out and it turning out to be ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

It won't turn out ****.

Trust the thousands of players who play it. I'd never played an MMO, nevr played Warcraft3 or any of the warcraft games. But I'm hooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Yeh but you also have to buy the game whihc is like 40 euro and im not splaishing that out and it turning out to be ****
    Heres how you rationalise it.

€40 for 1 month free trial (possibly 2 month now).
    The amount of play-time/entertainment you'll get from that 1 month is well worth €40.
    You said you liked SW:Galaxies. I'm told this is at least 5 times better. (at least).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It won't be crap. The only thing you have to worry about is the amount of time you'll be spending on it :p

Just be sure to pick a server that isn't super-high-pop, because the queues and/or lag will just frustrate you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I definately wouldnt say it's 5 times better than SWG. That's fanboi cwap.

It's good, but lets not oversell it :P

(Oh also as has been posted a few places, you could use the 14 day trial which you can get on the front of PC Gamer).

Advertisement