Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Camcorders with AV input.

• 29-08-2005 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

I need to get a camcorder that has AV input on it.Is this on all cameras or does anybody have something to recommend.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

as far as i know this has been disabled on most modern cameras..
    some one else might tell me different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah it's certainly not something all cameras will have, but you can still get them... something on the high-end of cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

incidently, why do you need it? If you need something transferred, it'd probably be easier/cheaper to pay a company to do it. Or if you have a lot of stuff, invest in a capture card/editing software for the PC.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

My brother is getting an on-board cam for his race car.And to record the footage it has to be connected to a camera with an AV input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Sure it can be connected to a VHS recorder..... Does the exact same thing as a Camera. I assume the Device your brother has is a simple Lense with a 3 Chip Device attached to convert the light to video signal, then there's a wire coming out of the back. That wire can surely connect to anything that will record video. A Camera, a VHS player, a DVD recorder (Not the best thing to use in a bumpy car), a harddrive recorder etc etc.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Im the bro.
    well a video camera would be the most practical as this is how big the car is.
    66666.jpg

Any suggestions of what camera to get would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Advertisement