Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with windows and fonts plz

• 04-06-1999 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

k my fonts have gone all screwy and my windows looks completely ****ered
    i had a prob at the weekend and reinstalled win95, corel and office,
    and last nite my monitor went all funny...
    as if the settings wrong set to 256 colour
    im sure yee no what that looks like
    anyways turned on my pc tonite and all my fonts have changed...i went into appearance in the desktop properties and theres only 2 fonts ther to choose from...but i have over 900 fonts instaleld on my pc.
    it seems to have changed all my exisitng fonts to either system or fixedsys

i cant run abything or use it properly because of this...
    i need to get this sorted asap
    if anyone ahs any idea can they please help??
    much appreciated
    ads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Don't know if I can help, but your post looks as lonely as my last one...

If you reinstalled Win95, did you reinstall all 900 fonts too? (900 fonts! how many do you actually use??)

How about removing all your fonts from your fonts folder, and then reinstalling a subset, and see if they get corrupted. Or, reinstall your vid drivers.

No other ideas after that.

Gyck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I rarely visit this area of the board smile.gif

Are the fonts actually on your machine? Or did you delete them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

ya see i had the normal amount of fonts u install with win95, but then i installed all teh fonts in corel8 when i installed that
    and ya there all under my c:\windows\fonts directory

and ta gyck, i reinstalled all my viodeo and graphics card thingys and thats cleared that one up at least smile.gif

ya hobbes all instaled and believe it or not i no what every one of them look like and i use them all smile.gif

God sent me to piss the world off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

i wonder what the possibility of getting fonts on the cloud boards is..... I have some really really weird ones.. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

i formatted the hard drive recently and lost a load of deadly fonts that i dont think ill be able to get again, which is a ***** cos i do a lot of websites and nice fonts (especially symbol ones) for graphics are essential.

Anyone know a font resource somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There's tons on the net. Font's is a dodgy issue because you have to have a font they have or download it and TTF's don't work on MAC's (that and Linux is the future smile.gif)

There are also dynamic font programs which stop the person from ripping off your font which is pretty cool (Font is coded to only work with your page and downloads in the background). I'll see if I can dig out the URL's later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

This place has some good fonts, www.freearchive.com/font/ , I've more bm's on my home puter but I can't member them atm.

bstep@tinet.ie
    news.quake.ie

Advertisement