Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Plus Uploads

• 29-08-2005 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hey guys

So I got BT's 2MB. Modem hasn't arrived yet so I was testing the line with another little Netopia box I had knocking around. 1.70MB down at peek times on average. Thank god they enabled my exchange and I can loose IBB.

Little bit of a question I haven't seen much in the way of posts on. Uploads...

I'm getting about 112kb up. Close enough to 128kb as advertised, and some fiddling with the wiring later may get it a full 128, that and maybe a Cat5 cable run from the main box instead of standard phone cable.

But has anyone heard are they going to go 256kb up? I heard something a while ago, and I know Eircom are trying to fob it off because of VOIP calls with Skype taking away so much business (I wonder why with their pricing...lol). But is it ever going to happen?

Not that you'll hear complaints from me because the service really does rock with BT from what I can see, just that I do a lot of uploading to web server’s via ftp and it would be nice to get closer to the 30KB/Sec mark. Instead of having to leave the bigger stuff on overnight... Or longer...

256 anyone know? :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

256k up is not going to happen for the reasons you kindly gave us yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Count yourself lucky, mine hits about 90k upload...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

Dialup Dempsey. Classic. LMFAO.

90. Ouch. You much be a good wack from the exchange, or poor quality cabling to it. Only reason I'm pushing for more is my exchange is only round the corner...

I'll keep lashing away at it anyways. Maybe messing round with windowing as well might help her along.

Very impressed with BT anyways. Hopefully it keeps up this way. Not all over the place like IBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

pugleon wrote:
    Dialup Dempsey. Classic. LMFAO.

90. Ouch. You much be a good wack from the exchange, or poor quality cabling to it. Only reason I'm pushing for more is my exchange is only round the corner...

I'll keep lashing away at it anyways. Maybe messing round with windowing as well might help her along.

Very impressed with BT anyways. Hopefully it keeps up this way. Not all over the place like IBB

I'm one mile from the exchange, but my friend, who lives right on top of it, used to get the same pings as me when we played Sof2 together - pings about 170 in any sort of busy server (8+ people. Sounds like nothing but in sof2 alot of gaming is done in 2v2 and 3v3 teams)

Advertisement