Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3v vouchers in UK

• 29-08-2005 9:39pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a 3v card and plan on mainly using it while I study away for the next year (for booking flights, mainly). Is 3v rolled out in the UK yet, and will my card work with their system (besides changing phone number etc.)?

I can't find any website for the UK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ireland is the test centre for it, like the pre pay phones and other things, easier to monitor it on a small country with different kind of people using it.

Wont be over there will one of their banks launches it and that will take a while.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Nope, Its an irish only thing at the moment. Its actually still on trial.
    Yet, they do say that their cards are accepted everywhere visa is, so I assume that they will work fine in the UK.
    In fact I just bought an item off ebay.co.uk using my 3v.
    They dont however, work in swipe machines AFAIK.
    Can someone confirm that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I guess I could top it up here and bring it with me, I'll be just using it online anyway. There isn't a time limit on the voucher, is there? and if so, is it any less than a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Careful!
    The expiry date can be as low only a month, and as high as 2 months depending on when you buy it.
    https://www.3v.ie/index.cfm?pageid=g04&CFID=1&CFTOKEN=DB9CAFB2A0A9DCDD176EC84B54DD5437&CFSEQ=1#15

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Careful!
    The expiry date can be as low only a month, and as high as 2 months depending on when you buy it.
    https://www.3v.ie/index.cfm?pageid=g04&CFID=1&CFTOKEN=DB9CAFB2A0A9DCDD176EC84B54DD5437&CFSEQ=1#15

Well, that's the end of that chapter. Ah well, I guess I'll have to just get my mams details before I go.

cheers for the info

• Advertisement
Advertisement