Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selections for Tuesday

• 29-08-2005 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Ripon
    2.10 - Hardy Norseman should see this race out
    2.40 - Master Joseph will shock a few methinks. Excellent value at 12/1
    3.10 - Jazz Scene looks handy, highest rated horse for the current season in Ripon NAP
    3.40 - Musical Guest is the clear winner here, with the only perceived threat coming from Imperial Sword. I'm going for a reverse forecast myself.
    4.10 - Playful, with a good start, should win this. Being thrown into doubt though... Very small bet
    4.40 - Maybe Tangible has the slight edge but it's too close to call

Leicester
    2.20 - Bathwick Emma :D
    2.50 - Lady Suzanne
    3.20 - Banded crap, but Redoubtable stands out above the rest. If it drops below 12/1 I'd strongly advise a small e/w bet
    3.50 - For academic purposes I'll reccomend "Louve Heureuse" but v.unpredictable
    4.20 - Banded sprint over6f, between Tiny Tim and Danakim
    4.50 - Boleyn Castle definitely worth an e/w bet Non-Runner. Will recommend Dorn Hill[/] for the outright bet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ripon:

2.10 Stoneacre Boy

3.40 Crosby Hall

Sedgefield:

2.00 Approaching Lad

3.00 Now then Sid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

For what it's worth:

Mrs Moh - 2.40

Tangible - 4.40

Colorus - 4.10

Bathwick Emma - 2.20

I could write many a paragraph about each selection here but I really have a lot of work to do and I don't think many will particularly care today anyway.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Oh deary me... Not my greatest day it has to be said

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

in fairness, today's races were pretty poor fare...a lot of races had some pretty well supported winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

We are entering that awful time of the season when finding winners can be quite difficult. A lot of horses have been on the go all summer and are have passed there peaks. The number of 2 year old races increases dramatically. The jumps season is starting to get going as well.

My advise is:

1) When backing in handicaps look for horses that have only had a couple of runs this season, these are the one's who are more likely to have improvement in them. A lot of horses in handicaps have been racing every week or two and badly need a brake.

2) Keep an eye on 3 year olds racing against older horses, they tend to start holding their own which is not the case early in the season. In handicaps this is especially true as they receive a weight allowance from older horses.

3) Don't bet in 2 year old races unless you have seen something that took your eye in a previous race. Horses at this age are improving at different rates, quite often the form from one race can be totally turned on it's head next time out. I rarely bet on any 2 year old races, one thing I do is watch as many maidens as possible and take a note of any inexperienced horses making eyecatching runs, these are the winners of the future.

4) For jump racing always side with horses that have already had a race, a lot of horses will be having their first race of the season in the next few weeks, most of the time they don't try overly hard and only run to improve their fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

One other point to add to the above, I notice at Linfield today there are a lot of horses that have been running on the turf that are going on the All Weather today, be very wary of races involving these horses as there is no guarantee that turf form will transfer to All weather, it suits some horses and not others. There will be a lot more of this as the flat season ends.

Advertisement