Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving test question

Options
  • 29-08-2005 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

If i cancel my driving test is it put back by a couple of weeks,or do i have to wait another 10 to 11 months for another one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Several months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bstatic

Yeah you're put back to the beginning of the queue. You should apply for a cancellation if you really want to do it soon. Just get a letter from your workplace stating you need the car for work and send it to office in mayo, and quote your reference number.

Driving testing section,
    Dept. of Transport,
    Govt. offices,
    Ballina,
    Co. Mayo.

I failed my test in june (too close to parked cars when overtaking!) and applied for a cancellation at the end of july and now I'm doing it tomorrow! Wish me luck! I'll update you all tomorrow if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Well I know I had to let a few people know who insisted I was a bad driver because I was a provisional driver, so I came on spouting about it when I passed, so good luck and show us all what you're made of:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I received my test date for next week (Sept 7th). Couldn't make it so faxed them last Friday week (with a work letter) asking for a cancellation. They rang me last Tuesday and I had the test yesterday. Short 'n sweet! Passed too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bstatic

Well done Padraig!
    Unfortunately twas not to be for me, got eleven grade 2 faults on stupid things like position on the road and making good use of the gears.
    Also got a few faults on observation, I was looking in all the mirrors but I think that if he doesn't see your head moving around he thinks you're not looking.
    He said when we got back to the office that it was just a few minor things and I would be better off in the long run to do it again.
    I think it could've been my nerves I was more nervous than the first time, heart was beating out of my chest driving around.
    Oh well I'm a bit bitter bout it, need to simmer down.
    I'll apply for another cancellation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ahh sorry to hear it mate! I'm sure you'll ace it next time.

Advertisement