Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HiFi noob

Options
  • 29-08-2005 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

hey all.
    i'm completely ignorant in the realm of HiFi but i do know that i don't like what i hear with my current setup. i'm thinking about investing time, effort and money in the area of high definition sound. i won't be buying for a few months yet but i'd say my entire budget would be around the 600euro mark maybe only 500; i know it's an expensive world out there but i can't see myself raising more... i guess it'll simply be amp, cd, speakers and interconnects, to begin with anyway.
    if you guys have any advice or recommendations i'd really appreciate it.

i've leafed through a few pages in this forum and one of the popular names is richersounds. i'd guess that an online buy would be my best bet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

You will not get better value then Richer Sounds in Ireland. You might do better ordering from the U.K. but for large items a lot of online retailers charge huge carriage fees or do not ship to Ireland at all. I got a HD recorder from Richer Sounds last week, recieved it 2 days later by DHL courier. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

Hi raven,
    I bought my plasma from Richer Sounds (online). They were very helpful, although I did have to chase them up once or twice just to check delivery, but for nearly 2K cheaper than Harvey Normans, that was ok. I've also bought a Denon 2910 from http://www.technikdirekt.de for €660 + €22 shipping compared to a normal price of around €900 locally!!! So you should get some good kit on your own budget.

I use http://www.hificables.co.uk for all my cables (van den hul, QED etc), although delivery is around £15stg.

Happy Hunting!
    Will

Advertisement