Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP this week?

• 30-08-2005 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

So who's getting a new PSP this week?

I am :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

/incoherent mumbling and cursing

No I'm not. What games are people getting or do you already have some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

/me already has one. Ha ha.

Wipeout Pure
    Ridge Racers
    Lumines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Hmmm, dont really know yet what games I'll get. Does it come with Wipeout Pure?

The Tiger Woods golf game also looks fairly good.

I cant wait to hack it (so it might be available cheap on the "for sale" forum if that goes arseways!!!) and watch all my fave TV shows on that beautiful screen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

getting one in the sony shop(grafton st) with wipeout pure for €299

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

im in for one lovely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

I've had one since march. Got it in the states. It's pretty cool. It's not just a games console, it's a complete entertainment system. The wireless play on it is class. I'd recommend one. I got mine for 250 dollars though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

They are two dear, I would rather get a PS3. The graphics dont seem to be good for need for speed rivals. So that turned me off getting one.

They are two dear, I would rather get a PS3. The graphics dont seem to be good for need for speed rivals. So that turned me off getting one.

Just because of one game? Try out some others and give it another go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Need for speed is shti anyway.If your looking for games go for Burnout legends when it comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Best racing game for it is Ridge Racers. amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

L5 wrote:
    Best racing game for it is Ridge Racers. amazing.
    agreed oh and the classic bgm brings back some good memories.

The best bit of Ridge Racers has to be when you get a really long drift around a corner, and you hear the tyre screech as you pass out 2 or 3 competitors. What a game.

"Ha ha! That's amazing! I didn't even know that was possible!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

qz wrote:
    The best bit of Ridge Racers has to be when you get a really long drift around a corner, and you hear the tyre screech as you pass out 2 or 3 competitors. What a game.

"Ha ha! That's amazing! I didn't even know that was possible!"

and then you get nitro and the car goes wooshhhh.

have you the special cars yet, theres that soldadt machine that revs to 20rpm , some speed

I've got the Soldat, the other one that looks like it's just three poles stuck together and the Pac-Man machine. Don't have the Rally-X car yet though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I got WO Pure and RR with mine when I bought it...I've played RR for maybe 20 minutes....my current Wipeout uptime is somewhere round 47 hrs. I really should give RR a chance, but have since become a Lumines addict (yay for v1.5 and UMD loader :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Someone mentioned there that they weren't getting a psp and were just going to get a ps3. Well don't forget that you can use the psp as a controller on the ps3 and you can use the screen on the psp to display tactical data or whatever the case maybe. Say in the likes of ridge racer, i'd say you'd be able to have the map on the screen of the psp. So it won't be totally useless when the ps3 comes out. Plus the quality of the UMD videos are fandoublyastic. I'm a gadgets fan so I have to have everything. If I don't have it makes me go crazy. Sony did a great job on the PSP, my advice, give it a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭irish_stu

hi all,i have my psp prob best part of year now,had it pre ordered on jap site for a year,was released that night and 3 days later it arrived at my doorstep,been happy with it since,had few wrong choices with games,most been jap,ie metal gear acid,turn based card game,all dialogue in jap...naturally....no provision for english text,although initial stup of psp to english was a breeze,anybody who imported one have tax imposed on it,i was charged around 250 as an import excise.and they witheld it until i paid them.so all in all i paid about 900 quid for it,bought a rake of games,protection for it ie case and none scratch screen...highly recommend it.anybody get shafted with customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 achilledmartini

oh my god, i need a psp, but my psp account is a bit low! aggghhh :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 achilledmartini

Hey, Irish Stu, can you give ma that Jap site and was it any cheaper? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Is it true that US PSPs will not support european games, movies etc and vice versa?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

richieg wrote:
    Is it true that US PSPs will not support european games, movies etc and vice versa?

Only UMD movies have active region coding, games will work from any region on any machine... but playing a US game against an EU game will likely not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I'm probably gonna get shot down for this one but I couldn't find an answer using search so where's the best/cheapest place to get the PSP? They're €264 online and only €254 in the B&M shops. Would also like to get a few games with it: RR, WO Pure and Lumines. Any ideas? I see the games are only €47.99 on play.com as opposed to €49.99 in the shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 c_bo040

Gandalf23 wrote:

Yo irish stu do you own an x box cause your name sounds familiar? anyway i've got a neotopia wireless modem but cant set my psp up on it,any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

c_bo040 wrote:
    Gandalf23 wrote:

Yo irish stu do you own an x box cause your name sounds familiar? anyway i've got a neotopia wireless modem but cant set my psp up on it,any suggestions?

Hi c_bo040... welcome to boards.

Can I suggest that you make a new thread? You might get more answers to your question that way ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭irish_stu

http://www.psp-hacks.com/........that should sort ya outfor connecting to wireless modem,although i refrain,will wait and see how the hack scene goes first,and ya,have xbox,had three.had to butcher two of them,had usa one with executer and my son took it away with him,and plugged it into our 220v supply,my fault,never had them marked,only have one up and running now,it be old,one of very first mod chip.open xbox.thats what chip is called.but it serves its purpose,but i cant network it to pc.so im left to source my games elsewhwere.have prob over 150 titles.i dont condone piracy...............................................cough cough.interested in swaps.have to say enjoy my gaming,getting back into pc gaming.have few pc games too.

Advertisement