Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 A1's - any other high Flyers wanna tell me their story

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And for someone like me whos course that I wanted was only 260 and yet I'm very academic so I didnt study that much at all only a few weeks before and got 300, am I stupid? No i'm just lazy and while everyone bricked themselves bout exams I was grand having fun.

And to the thread starter who got * A1 supposidly after only starting studying in march your pronage and so deadly but I bet you never went out and your some ass that lives miles away from any other lifeform except the sheep that you frquently make love too.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

He calls himself "Lord", uses the word "pompous" to describe himself and "rif-raf" (spelling it incorrectly) to describe others...seemingly he also isn't aware that the word "you" does not need an s to be made pural...
    And let's not forget his Nazi-esque attitude.

Wow, let's all worship him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

"Matamatical" If you're great at it you'd imagine you could spell it dude!

C2 in English? What a twat you are! I got 97.5% in 2004 and I got a medal AND my principal said that I was cool!!!

I also happen to be a maths genius, as you profess to be, Lord Holohan *if that is your real name!*
    So if you're such a smarty, tell me this (and don't try to bluff because I know the answer, you wont find it written down anywhere because it's in my enormous head)

I should warn you that marks will be docked for sloppiness and poor spelling... On Guard!!

Given a circular table, place one small ball in the centre of the table and another ball of equal radius to the first at a random position. If the centre ball is hit in a random direction, what is the chance that it will hit the other ball (once it reaches the edge of the table it falls off)?

You won't be able to graphically plot anything here, so just tell me how you got the answer *if* you get it, that is!!

He's not gonna answer cos he's a lying troll....

It depends on the size of the balls and table doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lord Holohan

Your little puzzle is beneathe me , even the reject in my maths science class in cambridge could figure that one out. When you give me a proper puzzle that actually requires a bit of brain power, then you will see how powerful Lord Holohan really is. In response to the rif-raf that got 300 points, you should not be allowed into college, or allowed to have off spring. I support Galton all the way, intellectually impaired individuals ( people who obtain 400 or less points) should not be allowed have children and should be sterilised. LORD HOLOHAN HAS SPOKEN :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

JC 2K3 wrote:
    He's not gonna answer cos he's a lying troll....

It depends on the size of the balls and table doesn't it?

Nope mathmaticians don't rely on mediocre 'measurements' my friend, for example: we like to think of the cosmos as a ginormous space accurately defined in Kyne et al. as being big enough to accomodate Holohan's head of air and viscous fluids...

And in response, Holohan, that anwer seems like a copout to me. You're right that it isn't that complex a question, but I can understand you want to display your magnificant genius to all on board. And if you are a maths genius, you should be just about able to do this, with concentration...

The problem is that say you are given a system in which a particle starting at a point moves around as a well defined function, in a way that its position at a certain time depends only on the current time and initial position, and that the function can be partially inverted such that given r and the time, even you Holohan, might find where its original position was.

Given r(R0,t), where r(R0,0) is denoted r0, find the partial inverse r0(R,t).

Obviously it would be difficult to post the results up here what with symbols and brackets so just enlighten us to what the solution to this pickle says about the density of such movements. I'm sceptical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

DingChavez wrote:
    I got 9 A1s, so suck my ****. lol pwnt.

image.gif

Couldn't have said it better..

What a ****in' sap..If he did get eight A1's it was definitely not to do with him being any where near intelligent, but rather him having no social life.. sure just look at the course he's doing!

Somebody please close this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

For the love of

Ignore the troll, the annoyance he's causing and the rise he's getting from you lot is exactly what he's looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but all the subjects which you aced are memoy based. A genius like yourself should know that memory is NOT the most important factor in what makes a person intelligent. 8 A1s in the leaving only shows that you have an exceptionally good memory and considering your result in English you are obviously leacking in other areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

grimloch wrote:
    For the love of

Ignore the troll, the annoyance he's causing and the rise he's getting from you lot is exactly what he's looking for.

Yeah but its fun too.

Su Dios what a cool sig where/ what/ how/ huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 SéamusK

Well since this thread somehow still has not been locked and you're clearly talking crap. The mathematics course in cambridge, is not called maths science. The department is called the Dept. of Mathematical Sciences. The undergrauate mathematics couse that they offer is made up Parts IA, IB and II of the Mathematical Tripos, not maths science. Part III is a postgraduate/ masters level course (though it's not reffered to as a masters, mainly for historical reasons). Maths Science courses are generally a lot more applied than this rather more theoretical course. Also would you not be more concerned about the results of your STEP exam if you got accepted to cambridge? This being a rather more rigorous exam than the leaving cert maths course. Now off with you. If you're going to make silly claims to a little bit of background work first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

don't feed the troll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

S&#233 wrote: »
    Well since this thread somehow still has not been locked and you're clearly talking crap. The mathematics course in cambridge, is not called maths science. The department is called the Dept. of Mathematical Sciences. The undergrauate mathematics couse that they offer is made up Parts IA, IB and II of the Mathematical Tripos, not maths science. Part III is a postgraduate/ masters level course (though it's not reffered to as a masters, mainly for historical reasons). Maths Science courses are generally a lot more applied than this rather more theoretical course. Also would you not be more concerned about the results of your STEP exam if you got accepted to cambridge? This being a rather more rigorous exam than the leaving cert maths course. Now off with you. If you're going to make silly claims to a little bit of background work first.

I see at least 4 posts that point to this conclusion: It's a troll, ignore him. He's just looking for exactly the type of response you're giving. Don't give him the satisfaction.

Like a stray cat, feed it once and it won't leave you alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

however the lord holohan has raised an important question which u fools have failed to recognise.i believe he is right when he states
    "College places should be for the elite of our societies not rif-raf who get below 500 points".
    polytechnics such as carlow IT and DIT should be knocked down and replaced with factories where the displaced students can work on the production lines.these so called colleges are nothing more than pathehic attempts to educate those not capable enough to get into a real university.all they do is pump out graduates who kickly find out their masters in 'business management and basket weaving' is not goin to get them a job in goldman sachs.by removing these useless institutions we could save money which could be pumped into research and development in our universities.i say we return to the old days when only the best got into college not like today where even the intellectually retarded gain places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

DJDC wrote:
    however the lord holohan has raised an important question which u fools have failed to recognise.i believe he is right when he states
    "College places should be for the elite of our societies not rif-raf who get below 500 points".
    polytechnics such as carlow IT and DIT should be knocked down and replaced with factories where the displaced students can work on the production lines.these so called colleges are nothing more than pathehic attempts to educate those not capable enough to get into a real university.all they do is pump out graduates who kickly find out their masters in 'business management and basket weaving' is not goin to get them a job in goldman sachs.by removing these useless institutions we could save money which could be pumped into research and development in our universities.i say we return to the old days when only the best got into college not like today where even the intellectually retarded gain places.
    Yes and bring back that strong leader chap, Hitler was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

i see u were born in 1988 batboy.that makes u a mere 17 years old.clearly your a useless juvenile who awaits a life in a mediocre job due to your mediocre academic achievements.
    when u grow up you will realise my plans to remove the polytechnics have nothing in common with hitler's ideologies.such comments may be laughed at by your retarded friends but in the world of academia and power your generalisations show a unique lack of intelligence.i pity you,you idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

DJDC wrote:
    i see u were born in 1988 batboy.that makes u a mere 17 years old.clearly your a useless juvenile who awaits a life in a mediocre job due to your mediocre academic achievements.
    when u grow up you will realise my plans to remove the polytechnics have nothing in common with hitler's ideologies.such comments may be laughed at by your retarded friends but in the world of academia and power your generalisations show a unique lack of intelligence.i pity you,you idiot.

Any more trolls want to add their bit or has this thread finally ran its unnecessary course? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

DJDC wrote:

Classic.
    Talk about being insecure!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

troll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

I reckon they are carrying a wide load be it that all they do is mess round on forums and probably dont get out at all. So whats the toll, a baning or a smack in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

My english is not too good. But my matamatical ability far surpasses anything you can imagine. I got an A1 in Maths, Applied Maths, Chemistry, Physics,Biology, Economics, Irish,German, and a C 2 in english. IM in cambridge the second best university in the world .So feck you. i bet the rest of yous only managed to get around 400 point u stupid half wits. HAHA :):) . You are what the german called the 'unter menschen'
    you are a prat. I hope when I actually go to college that im not in anyway like you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement