Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are hibernian really that bad?

Options
  • 30-08-2005 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hmmmmmmmmmm, well are they? :confused:
    I see they`re the only insurance company that want/have access to the drivers licence database and can check for penalty points.
    They also require you do their own little test, ignition or something before quoting you.
    And then they still seem to offer expensive quotes.

SO im just wondering are they that bad, or are they ok, once you you do/meet all their little requirements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The ignition test is only for people who have passed their test in the last 5 years. If you have it longer than that you dont do ignition. They also do a partner and spouse discount so as long as you have a significant other you get a discount. Mine dropped from €2100 to €1533 when I added my ex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They were the cheapest for me, but I had ten years named driver experience with them. Didn't have to do Ignition, but then I'm ancient.

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    but then I'm ancient.

Congratulations. The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one. :D

Well in this case it seems to be an advantage (very convenient that, bit too convenient if you ask me :( ), so carry on, but we'll be watching you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Not bad at all. They don't give a fuk what country you were born in. Or if you have lived here for your entire life, or other "relevant" questions. Shame Quinn Direct feel it's important.

Anyone heard from Oh Boy! btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

my insurance fell from a quote of €1650 (FBD - cheapest around) to €780 after doing the ignition course, full comp.

I have no complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Aye, buy ye lads are all over 25 im assuming. They`re useless for insuring youngsters, and seem to take the easy way out of quoting young drivers by giving mad quotes, refusing point blank unless you do their special driving tests.

im 24 driving a 2l car. had 2 years ncb before i went with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

While ill admit Hibernian were quoting me 400euro more for fully comp than Quinn this year, The thing I must applaud about Hibernian is their 'after sales service'.

They are VERY helpful in the event of a claim or general query. You can call directly into their offices etc.

Now ive never had any need to contact Quinn (fingers crossed) but ive head disaster stories. TBH I kinda wish I paid the extra euro a day for the peace of mind!

Advertisement