Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition for SG1 to Atlantis

• 30-08-2005 2:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to fill in a few gaps for me. I started watching stargate when it first started on sky one but lost track mid way through season 7, (705 revisions, I think). Anyway, its one every day at 6 and 12 now (prob building up to season 9. So Ive seen alot of what I missed.

But heres what doesnt make sense. At the end of season 7 sgc hasnt sent anyone to altantis, in fact they even say they dont know where it is and then all of a sudden (to me) atlantis is comming up in the dialog and daniel wants to go there. Where did I miss this, is there an sg1 episode about this? And why do the asgard want to give earth advanced technology?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Most any Stargate fansite will give you a detailed answer to your question through their episode synopsis. But if you want a short answer its:
    Scroll down.

The team needs the technology of Atlantis to beat the bad guys(as usual) Anubis this time, (nasty guy who tricked the ancients into letting him accend). To find Atlantis jack gets Head *****ed by the ancient library thingy again which leads the team to a planet... Atlantis..Yeah!! but it isnt...Boo!! but it tells them where it is Yeah Again!! its on EArth!! Den den DENNN!!! AnyHoo back to earth they go, of to Antartica (someplace with lots of Ice any way..easier to render in CGI me thinks) there they find some more Technology which can only be used by Ancient Dna..Uh O! as luck has it..Jacks got some, so he plugs himself into a nice Uber Machine (those ancients loved their killing machines..how'd they accend again) and kills all the bad guys as their attacking earth (Luckily they're only attacking at in 5 mile radius around the Uber machine:)) Them alien baddies just love ice in thier martinis) Anyway long story short.. this wasnt Atlantis either but it gave em the address of where it was.. in another galaxy.. so off goes the new team to explore strange new worlds .. to seek out new life and new civilisations to ..Ahh you know the rest.. there you have it!! Mostly :) I make no aplogies for factual errors..he was warned, or generally crappiness of spelling and punctuation.

To find Atlantis jack gets Head *****ed by the ancient library.

I spelled F R A C K E D honest, BGS slang not allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

this wasnt Atlantis either but it gave em the address of where it was.. in another galaxy.. so off goes the new team to explore strange new worlds .. to seek out new life and new civilisations to ..Ahh you know the rest.. there you have it!!

This is the bit I *knew* happened, but when - I.E. In what episode(s)

This is the bit I *knew* happened, but when - I.E. In what episode(s)

This'll sort ya out:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/index.shtml

Beware of spoilers tho, I had to stop using the site, tempation to look was Way too strong, just getting the add for you ruined the next 5 eps of each show for me :( ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Where did I miss this, is there an sg1 episode about this?
    It's not in any SG-1 episode. The first episode of Atlantis begins with them finding the location in the antarctica outpost and sending the team through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭dam099

MrPinK wrote:
    It's not in any SG-1 episode. The first episode of Atlantis begins with them finding the location in the antarctica outpost and sending the team through.

And features guest appearances by some of SG-1.

MrPinK wrote:
    Thanks, Ive been watching reruns where they go from no idea to flying out to see them onboard the permethious. I flicked through gateworld and when I didnt find an explanation I asked here. Thank you Mr Pink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Also, you might have to watch them in chronligical order.

Lost City I & II (SG-1)
    New Order I & II (SG-1)
    Rising I & II (ATL)

and so on in that order of and episode of SG-1 then an episode of Atlantis.

Rising was interesting, but I dont know if Im too pushed about atlantis to go and download an entire series

Then stop bothering us.

• Advertisement

asked a question, got an answer, thanked people. But if my opinion of rising differs from yours Im a trouble maker?

You're my hero.

I watched rising and gift. Didnt appeal to me too much. My question was about the SG1 series anyway not Atlantis the series so what does it matter if I like Atlantis or not?

The two run hand in hand.

If you want to know about what's going on, you might have to watch them.

Ok, I'll take that on board. Thanks.
    Was reading plot summaries on gateworld.net and the seige (looks really cool) and letters from pegausu would be two obvious ones with cross over I guess.

Totally.

If you you now Sg-1 as far as Lost City you HAVE to watch Atlantis.

It's so not the type of thing you would want to miss.
    Seriously, give it a chance...you'll love it.

Advertisement