Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobius Dick

Options
  • 30-08-2005 8:17am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Currently reading the nuttiest book I have read since White Light and Across the Table. Its a story of a Physicist who gets a text from the guy in an alternate universe who may or not be writing his story as fiction in a psychiatric hospital while suffering from a brain disorder.

Absolutely barking.

It amy, however get worse, I am only halfway through!

Anyone else give it a go?

How did they get on?

Are you sure the world you are sitting in is still your own?

Are the cats giving you knowing looks?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finally finished it, yup, I was right, it is as nutty as a fruit cake.

Now to read it again, this time probably , definitely figure it all out.

Am on my own in reading this?

I had to order it into my local Hughes and Hughes having failed to find it anywhere.

Make a good thread that, the fact that a vast amount of the great sci-fi isn't being bought into even larger Irish bookshops anymore, too much bloody fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Make a good thread that, the fact that a vast amount of the great sci-fi isn't being bought into even larger Irish bookshops anymore, too much bloody fantasy.

Agreed.
    And Amazon's shipping is too expensive and Play have very small selection.... :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Honestly, the best sci fi shelf I have found, outside Forbidden Planet is Hughes and Hughes in the Pavilions in Swords, not bad at all, and happily get whatever they don't have in within a week.

Advertisement