Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graduation Ball

• 30-08-2005 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

My boyfriend will be graduating in October and there will be a Graduation Ball, I have no idea of what to wear?

Will I have to go for a full length formal dress or will a nice cocktail dress do??

Help please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

hey, im interested on the same topic but from a man's point of view.
    It says that im meant to dress formally but does that mean a tux or a suit will do?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

was at my own grad ball there recently. they are usually about 50/50 mix of cocktail dresses, and formal dresses. may as well go for the full length if you have it, but dont go all out if you dont cos plently wore cocktail dresses. about the tux/suit thing, well, most of the guys wore tuxes, but there were a few in suits. so many pretty people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

i think a nice cocktail dress would suffice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi there are some absoloutely stunning dresses in Nicola Ross in Naas at the moment proced at about 120-150 they are not too dear and would look lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Suits for guys, cocktail dresses for girls.

They're rarely black tie as you're supposed to wear a suit with the gowns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

IMO a cocktail dress, I mean its his grad soooo you just gotta go and look prettiful. :)
    And you can always wear the cocktail dress again. However, heading out in a ballgown would get a few stares/whistles/slapped ass. :)
    (I wore Grad dress to wedding and walked through shopping centre, so its from experience there!)

To the guy: Tux!!!!!!!!!!!!! mi god they is teh sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Don't get a tux, you'll look like a idiot. You can't wear a tux with the grad gown on the day. You'll also be the only one wearing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Defo go for the tux guys . its not every day of the week you get to wear one go out in style.

Advertisement