Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponge Bob....... need advice- ISDN

• 30-08-2005 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

my post of last thursday refers.......

Eircom's area manager have been in contact and he has told me point blank that he won't be able to do anything for me as regards upgrading my line. He was quite blunt about it too!!!!!!!

he told me he can't do anything until the exchange is upgraded. I also emailed Phil Nolan and he hasn't come back to me......

can you give some advice of what to do next!!!!!!! please !!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Gráinne, I take it he said that Eircom have no capacity on the exchange to provide you with ISDN , is that it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Grainne

yes, something along that line. Is this the typical excuse they use?

he said teh exchange has to be upgraded and they have not planned a date for this yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Grainne wrote:
    yes, something along that line. Is this the typical excuse they use?

he said teh exchange has to be upgraded and they have not planned a date for this yet.
    If the exchange isn't upgraded then there's really feck all you can do about it until it's upgraded. They're not going to reschedule a very expensive upgrade to please one person.

... to put it bluntly :/

It is quite common to find that the ISDN capacity of a rural exchange is limited.

Keep at phil so, strees the importance to you / work / employer yadda yadda yadsa . Alternatively consider wireless instead such as www.westnet.ie seeing as eircom refuse to provide you with an adequate wired service

spongebob, have tried to get on to westnet.ie and it keeps coming up as server not responding.

have you any more info on this wireless service?

ps. thanks for ur help.......... is it possible to private mail you.........

• Advertisement

be de fuk the web server is down (first time I saw that )

they will advise you of your options depending on where you live in mayo so do contact them and hassle the bejaysus out of Phil anyway. I do not have the micro details but mayo is a hotbed of wireless because eircom are so totally useless .

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

PM sent.

oscarbravo, did you PM me coz i didn't get it.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I did - strange. If you'd like to drop me a mail: paul at westnet dot ie - I'll get back to you.

will send you an email now.

thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement