Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Love Techno 2005 (Ghent-Belgium)

• 30-08-2005 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi folks!

As u probably all know, the 12th of november, one of the major Techno-electro-minimal event of the year will take place in Ghent , Be.
    It will be the 10th anniversary of the gig so they re preparing a huuuuuge gig.
    So there are some name already anounced for the gig, just to name a few....
    Minus ( Hawtin, magda, troy pierce, holden) , Nathan Fake, Sven Vath(obviously), DJ Naughty, Raumschmiere, Marco Bailey, Tiga, Miss Kittin, Dave Clarke and many more to be announced. :eek:

I m belgian and i used to go every year to this gig while still living in belgium, i tell you it s really amazing and worth a couple of euros! so check it out!
    more infos I LOVE TECHNO 2005
    Actually has anybody ever been there?
    C you guys ciao :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea i'll be hittin it too, cant wait for it! only 36 quid for a tikky too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

how close is that to that charleroi(ryanair) airport, might try and organise it now, get it cheap!!!

its an hour bus trip from airport -> brussles, then get the train down to ghent.

i cant wait anyway, 15 of us goin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,584 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Have my accomadation booked. Must sort out me passport though as I washed it a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

VinnyL wrote:
    its an hour bus trip from airport -> brussles, then get the train down to ghent.

i cant wait anyway, 15 of us goin

completely right! note that there will be a shuttle service running to bring you from Ghent s train station to the Flanders Expo. :D
    Belgium rocks lol ;)

• Advertisement

hey Kev, where'd you book your accomadation?? in gent or brussles?

how close is that to that charleroi(ryanair) airport, might try and organise it now, get it cheap!!!

Aer Lingus return works out about 86 quids. Not so bad as it saves havin to fly Ryanair and also saves the need for the 20 bucks or so bus fare from charleoi>Brussles

VinnyL wrote:
    hey Kev, where'd you book your accomadation?? in gent or brussles?

Booked into the Holiday Inn Vinny

link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Ghent is a top place and i am certainly going to try get to this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

How far away is Ghent from Amsterdam. i presume train travel is the way to get from Ghent to the Dam?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

KevIRL wrote:
    Booked into the Holiday Inn Vinny

link

Thats where all the parties happen after and you couldnt be closer to the action. A minute walk from the holiday inn to flanders expo This Close

kinkstr wrote:
    How far away is Ghent from Amsterdam. i presume train travel is the way to get from Ghent to the Dam?

Bout an hour..maybe a lil less/more. Yeah, its the best. To fly, you would have to get a train back to either brussels midi(for brussels airport) or brussels sud for charleroi aiport. Far too awkward.

nice one kev i'll be lookin to stay in that place if i can get the money out of the lads before its booked up!

i started an I Love Techno event on www.dontstayin.com its worth checkin out loads of advice etc. from people as it gets closer to the event. looks like theres a sh1t load of irish headin up to this too, looks like its gonna be a bit more bangin than Dance Valley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Looks good. Ive been meaning to go to this for the past 2 years running now but could never make it for one reason or another. A few of my mates and cousins have been and thought it kicked like a hardcore muthafocker.

It looks like I'll be in Amsterdam the same weekend. Theres 6 of us goin, 3 guys and 3 girls, and Im the only one who likes Techno . Id say the lads will go but the ladies wont. I think I'll have a struggle trying to persuade the group to give up their weekend in Amsterdam to go to a Techno festival instead. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

bout 15 of us went last year, and will be going again this year!

loco, care to give any advice?? sharing is caring! :D

is it better to stay in brussles for Fuse on the friday night or head striaght down to gent? its either The Advent, Green Velvet or Alex Kowalski playing in Fuse on the friday night by the way!

VinnyL wrote:
    is it better to stay in brussles for Fuse on the friday night or head striaght down to gent?

If you wanna hit fuse on friday, then stay there on friday night and gent on saturday. I dont know how long the session's in fuse are on friday nights. They could be very early/late so you may not need a place to stay at all.

Last year, fuse had a session until 7am for those who couldnt get into ILT. Ben Sims i think played the final set.

Gent is only 1/2 an hour up the train tracks so its up to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Joey Shabadoo

I went last year, and had a great time. Felix Da Housecat was shockingly bad, as was Old grumpy boots Clarke.

Highlights were Anthony Rother, Richie Hawtin, Villalobos, Ivan Smagghe, Michael Mayer and Miss Kittin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

kinkstr wrote:

Not that far 2 hours by train max i think ;)

2 hours by car ;)

Felix Da Housecat was shockingly bad, as was Old grumpy boots Clarke.

Both had equipment problems. Felix was actually busting into a great set when one of his decks failed, and then some leads on the replacement failed[im tall enough to see it all :)]

Clarke said on his own web site that the high humidity made his gear go haywire. I didnt notice tbh...still in awe of Pet Duo at that stage.

• Advertisement

amok was cleary the best at that stage!

Loco wrote:
    amok was cleary the best at that stage!

Didnt play there. Played the switch area apparently. Pet Duo finished out the night instead of Amok which was fine by me.

chern0byl wrote:
    Didnt play there. Played the switch area apparently. Pet Duo finished out the night instead of Amok which was fine by me.

wrong! amok finished out the night, you must have left early, what a mistake!

dave clark pet duo and amok all played the same stage, and it was amok who played last :)

Loco wrote:
    wrong! amok finished out the night, you must have left early, what a mistake!

dave clark pet duo and amok all played the same stage, and it was amok who played last :)

Pet Duo were announced again after Dave Clarke. I stayed till 7am, which was the very last beat. Well if that was Amok who finished the night i wasnt impressed...spun the same 2 records for an hour...maybe thats his style.

Ok, i was wrong. Was told that Amok did indeed play and that i talked to him, but was also told that i was not[all] there at the time....:)

same 2 records for an hour :confused: you must of been in cookoo land boy.
    VinnyL wrote:
    loco, care to give any advice?? sharing is caring! :D

last year we went shannon->brussels and took buses&trains to get to gent.
    we stayed in f1 hotel gent(dirt cheap)

this year i think we'll do cork->amsterdam and come down from there.
    stay 2 nights amsterdam and holiday inn flanders on the night of ILT
    dunno if we'll rent cars to come down or take train.

oh yes!! booked 7 flights for ILT for 250 quid!!!

thats 35 quid each on ryanair.com, go go go

Full line is announced:
    UNDERWORLD (LIVE) | DAVE CLARKE | TIGA | SUPER DISCOUNT 2 (LIVE) | RICHIE HAWTIN | SVEN VÄTH | MISS KITTIN | DERRICK MAY | VITALIC (LIVE) | COLLABS FEATURING CHRIS LIEBING & SPEEDY J (LIVE) | ADAM BEYER | T. RAUMSCHMIERE (LIVE) | MATTHEW DEAR (LIVE) | MARCO BAILEY | NATHAN FAKE (LIVE) | ROBERT HOOD | MAGDA | THE GLIMMERS | TOBI NEUMANN | T-QUEST | FIXMER/MCCARTHY (LIVE) | ANDRÉ GALLUZZI | DR. LEKTROLUV | DJ BONE | CHRISTIAN SMITH | TROY PIERCE (LIVE) | DEG | TONY ROHR (LIVE) | PIERRE | DJ NAUGHTY | TOM HADES (LIVE) | JAN VAN BIESEN | SPACID | FRANCO CANGELLI

Its more "i love electro" tbh and some minimal for mixture. Some interesting things like DC's 3hour set but im not pushed on this. I probably wont ever see Dr.lektroluv over here, so the €40 for the ticket is worth it. I wanted some real banging techno though, like Pet Duo and Amok to finish me :)

chern0byl wrote:
    Full line is announced:

Its more "i love electro" tbh and some minimal for mixture. Some interesting things like DC's 3hour set but im not pushed on this. I probably wont ever see Dr.lektroluv over here, so the €40 for the ticket is worth it. I wanted some real banging techno though, like Pet Duo and Amok to finish me :)

I d say there s no "schranz" this year compared to the other years but if you look at the originals line ups , i mean a couple of years ago, there was no schranz either!
    If your a techno-head, i think you ll be happy enough with the yellow and green rooms wont you???
    I mean if you look at each line-up of each room, there s enough for everyone to have a great night, whatever woulb be your orientation..electro, Mnml or Techno

chern0byl wrote:
    I probably wont ever see Dr.lektroluv over here, so the €40 for the ticket is worth it.

he's playin next week in Electric City with DancePig warming him up!!

• Advertisement

i wonder does T-Quest aka Dr Lectroluv get payed double cause his names down twice! looking forward to seeing him spin both styles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

i've been to ilt 3 times, won't be going this year though :(
    If your going for 3 nights i'd stay on the friday night here Chamade hotel its just up the road from St-Pieters train station and 5 minutes walk from the main square which has a couple of good irish bars. From st-pieters you can get a free shuttle bus to and from flanders expo.

Saturday night book one room in the holiday inn and bring all your friends back for a party (its expensive compared to the chamade) then sunday up and leave around 3pm back to the chamade hotel for a more lively atmosphere.

As for charleroi. Get a 10min bus to charleroi train station and then an hour to ghent from there. You don't have to get a bus to brussels.

Amsterdam is about 2hrs+ from ghent by train. Again st-pieters station and change @ antwerpen its about 30euro return

ENJOY

Loco wrote:
    i wonder does T-Quest

Is that for certain? Has it actually been confirmed?

chern0byl wrote:
    Is that for certain? Has it actually been confirmed?

As for a couple of times now T-Quest will be playing twice indeed! Once under the name of T-Quest, for a techno set. The other time under the name of Dr Lektroluv for an electro set!

Belfunk wrote:
    i've been to ilt 3 times, won't be going this year though :(
    If your going for 3 nights i'd stay on the friday night here Chamade hotel its just up the road from St-Pieters train station and 5 minutes walk from the main square which has a couple of good irish bars. From st-pieters you can get a free shuttle bus to and from flanders expo.

Saturday night book one room in the holiday inn and bring all your friends back for a party (its expensive compared to the chamade) then sunday up and leave around 3pm back to the chamade hotel for a more lively atmosphere.

As for charleroi. Get a 10min bus to charleroi train station and then an hour to ghent from there. You don't have to get a bus to brussels.

Amsterdam is about 2hrs+ from ghent by train. Again st-pieters station and change @ antwerpen its about 30euro return

ENJOY

good advice

and to add, those who are interested in the amsterdam route, http://travel.2-dance.com operates buses to all major parties

we'll be taking one of those down from amsterdam i think.. use a translator for that site its dutch or just email them theyre all english speaking

Advertisement