Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAB-solved? *spoiler alert*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Regulus' middle name and the fact that he is the infamous 'R.A.B.' were confirmed by a well-placed source 28 August, 2005.
    What's a "well-placed source"? The only person that could actually know this is JK Rowling herself.

She did say "that would be a very fine guess" but that's hardly confirming it to be fact, nor is it providing the middle name.

I believe RAB to be Regulus alright but that line bugs the hell out of me. If JK Rowling confirmed it: say so and link to the source, otherwise admit that it's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Yeah, in that case we might as well make up a name beginning with A and say our source is more "well-placed" than theirs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

It would seem unlikely to me that this true. At least, I doubt that Regulus' middle name is Atrucus or whatever. I have my doubts.

I do think RAB is Regulus though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

I don't think it is Regulus. For one thing, though the books are hardly the most original things ever writen, I've never been able to guess to what Rowling is going to do next, especially when she seemingly leaves clues. I think Regulus would be too obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

it must have something to do with Slughorn cos he's the one Voldemort asked about horcruxes off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

i don't really agree with the regulus black being RAB but everyone kinda jumped on that band wagon... still not convinced though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

personally I think it is the one of the Boggins who run the shop in Daigon alley i think they stole it as revenge for the things that voldemort stol ewhen he worked for him- what do you think??

Advertisement