Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was anyone at the Fleadh?

Options
  • 30-08-2005 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Id just like to say it was AMAZING.I heard some purists say it wasnt the best music wise but for me theres no better weekend in Ireland.The COttage may be the best pub in the world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ceolman

Must say I was dissapointed in the fleadh, worst All-Ireland in years! It's the only fleadh I was at where you had to plead with the door men to let you in at 9.30! Trad culture is not the culture for Letterkenny. Disco's would be more in their line! Hope it's not there next year and this is a Derry man talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Lyra

Didn't get to the fleadh this year but some of my family did and they said it was only ok. They didn't see much music in the pubs in the town, they were staying in a hotel just outside the town and there was music there one of the nights but it wasn't a session it was a band but they still enjoyed it. They did come across disco music though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Stopped going to the fleadh last two years ago as its taken over by drunks and street sellers. Didnt appeal to me at all, i went for the music, not to get fallen on when i tried to play, dont think i'd ever go to one again

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I went up on the Thursday and came back at about 4pm on the Saturday. Seems I probably got the best of it regarding good music, cause when the weekend came the thing got very messy. Thurs and Friday were great though, some very nice tunes, and great craic. But tbh, I'd much prefer the festivals like Drumshanbo, Tubber, Gurteen, Milltown, etc. because you can get much better music in, and they don't attract such big crowds of non-music people... just musicians and music fans mostly!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

Was at the fleadh. Won the u 18 english singing. But I must say that it wasnt a great fleadh lacked atmosphere of usual. Munster fleadh was much better than it. Listowel is the best place for the fleadh. Ill never forget the last one there. Twas absolutely fantastic. By the way, the fleadh is in Letterkenny again next year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement