Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where do you get those student travel cards?

• 30-08-2005 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

for the trains? the sayit ones? is there a sayit office in dublin i can get it at? thankyou.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bigmouth

They usually set up in the colleges in the first couple of weeks back, and alternatively just head into one of the USIT offices, there is one on Aston Quay in Dublin city centre.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/photo_cards.asp

or

http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/

With Usit you no longer get student fares on cie with their card just a special offer with aircoach i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

bigmouth wrote:
    They usually set up in the colleges in the first couple of weeks back, and alternatively just head into one of the USIT offices, there is one on Aston Quay in Dublin city centre.

i made that mistake of getting the usit card a few weeks ago. thought that was the one i should get but turns out that does nothing for you.

thanks traffic! :D

does anyone know where in temple bar the SAYIT office is? i've never noticed it. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fiachs

What college are you going to? If you're going to one of these http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/colleges.asp then you can get the card on campus. There'll be a bit of a queue during freshers week etc so better to pop in before.

Alan Hannas Bookshop, Kevin Street, Dublin 2 - never heard of it before but might try that one. thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

The one in Temple Bar is on the left if you're walking from central bank to the quays. Across from eamon doran's.

That Sayit is closed theyre now at:

House 6, Trinity College, Dublin 1 – 01 677 5076

ok thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

can you just get those student tickets in connolly or somewhere? how much are they? i need to go sort that out too. i'll have 2 train journeys every morning and evening. not looking forward to it. im sure many people do it but im used to walking to a 10 minute walk to college every day, this will be a big change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Tickets available at all stations

A monthly rail only inner zone ticket (bounded by Rush & Lusk, Bray, Maynooth, Hazelhatch & Celbridge). Cost 58.50. There is also a outer zone which adds Kilcoole and Balbriggan.

There is also a weekly ticket

Given your screen name many Maynooth trains run as far as Bray and Dun Laoghaire which might save you a change, almost all Maynooth trains serve Pearse and Tara Street

In order to get the student priced tickets mentioned you need to apply for a student card; link above

MarkoP11 wrote:
    Tickets available at all stations

A monthly rail only inner zone ticket (bounded by Rush & Lusk, Bray, Maynooth, Hazelhatch & Celbridge). Cost 58.50. There is also a outer zone which adds Kilcoole and Balbriggan.

There is also a weekly ticket

Given your screen name many Maynooth trains run as far as Bray and Dun Laoghaire which might save you a change, almost all Maynooth trains serve Pearse and Tara Street

I'll be going to Killester college so i guess the inner zone one is okay for me going from Maynooth to Connelly and then to Killester? thanks :)

Traffic wrote:
    In order to get the student priced tickets mentioned you need to apply for a student card; link above

Thanks traffic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Maynooth wrote:
    I'll be going to Killester college so i guess the inner zone one is okay for me going from Maynooth to Connelly and then to Killester? thanks :)
    Yup

Advertisement