Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving my IBB Breeze panel antenna

• 30-08-2005 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wish to push my IBB breeze ant further up the pole it's on. Just an experiment to see if I can get better signal.

Does anyone see any problem with this as far as re-locking onto the signal from the AP base station when the ant is repositioned?

Thx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

IBB will charge you to get it fixed because you've tampered with it.

Your best bet is to do it through IBB, even if it takes a "bit" longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

humaxf1 wrote:
    Hi all,

I wish to push my IBB breeze ant further up the pole it's on. Just an experiment to see if I can get better signal.

Does anyone see any problem with this as far as re-locking onto the signal from the AP base station when the ant is repositioned?

Thx.

better signal? call them they have a team now on the road to sort issues like this out! ask the techie what your SNR level is? if its less that 14 they can get the crew out for free, don't touch otherwise!

i've seen then working on a few and a slight movement in the ariel may knock the signal completly! then your out of action!

where do you live and have you a good LOS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

what about trying this:
    1. Adjust you anteanna yourself
    2. If it does not work call them and say "the wind blew down my anteanna" in the terms and conditions the are responsible for the maintainace of the antenna!

not advised :rolleyes: .

get your signal level 1st(must be above 14 for a good service) ! thats the test of whether is an IBB contention issue or an ariel issue! dont be fobbed off !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

is there any way of actually confirming the signal strength which IBB tell us, just in case they a giving a good SNR to fob us off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I would have thought it is a very bad idea to mess with the aerial installation!

On a similar note does anyone know how the cable from the aerial to the modem box is connected at the aerial end. Is it hardwired in or is there an RJ45 jack that can just be unplugged?

gordonnet wrote:
    is there any way of actually confirming the signal strength which IBB tell us, just in case they a giving a good SNR to fob us off

ask him to mail you the results! what did they say it was?

(btw SNR is like they pinging the signal strength of the antenna on your house, bu the average will tell if your getting full wack of the sector your in or wether you need your antenna paned in any way!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

im in dun laoghaire, dublin pointing to the Killiney AP. No idea what the LOS would be.

I am currently getting 2 LEDs (It was 3-4 at time of install)

I understand that any slight movement left or right can lose the sig, but to be honest when the guys were installing the antenna, it was just like doing a sat dish. Point and watch the sig meter. A monkey could do it.

Do i have to telnet into the radio to get SNR etc?

humaxf1 wrote:
    im in dun laoghaire, dublin pointing to the Killiney AP. No idea what the LOS would be.

I am currently getting 2 LEDs (It was 3-4 at time of install)

I understand that any slight movement left or right can lose the sig, but to be honest when the guys were installing the antenna, it was just like doing a sat dish. Point and watch the sig meter. A monkey could do it.

Do i have to telnet into the radio to get SNR etc?

no its locked, they can only do that so they say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Does anybody know the actual brand and model number of the equipment IBB use for their customer's?

• Advertisement
Advertisement