Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost per sq yrd for laying laminate click flooring

• 30-08-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I have 80 sq yards of laminate click floor to lay. How much should I pay for installation only, including scotia ?

I've decided who's doing it and I can haggle. What is a reasonable price ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

m_stan wrote:
    I have 80 sq yards of laminate click floor to lay. How much should I pay for installation only, including scotia ?

I've decided who's doing it and I can haggle. What is a reasonable price ?
    the going rate is about €15 for semi solid and €20 for solid. Click flooring is easier than semi so I'd say somewhere just below that (€13-€15)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Quick step 950 is about 30 sq yd with the V-groove. for Des Kelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I'd say 600 - 700
    Two people should get it done in a day. (If you don't live in a maze)

m_stan wrote:
    How much should I pay for installation only, including scotia ?

Whats a scotia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

scotia (pron: "skoshia") is the is a small bead of wood that goes between your floor and your skirting boards if (like me) you couldn't be bothered taking off the skirting boards and running the floor underneath.

looks quite nice when done. even better than when you do it the hard way if you ask me.

Its looks like this

oh, and some of the angles in my house are a nightmare - I know, I helped lay a glue laminate floor (baaaad stuff) when we bought the place, so I guess that adds some cost since it adds time and complexity.

thanks for all the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Is the quick step considered a standard of its own when it comes to click on laminated flooring? They seem to have a good choice in Des-Kelly Carpets.
    If anyone has any experience with Quick-Step. could they please recommend, what would be the best cost-benefit option for upstairs in a new house (cca 50 square meters). We do not want to go for something extreme (expensive) or for something that will fall apart in 2-3 years. The Classic line of quick-step seems to be a reasonable option. They have it in 0.7 and 0.8 cm. Any difference in reality.
    And finaly, Des-Kelly seem to have (contract, I presume) fitters? Are they any good. I've heard a few bad stories about them so just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Put down the Quick step 950 vgroove. with free installation by Des Kelly. Must say that the fitters were really good... and teh floor looks great.

Had 3 rooms to do cost 30Euro per sq yrd but free fitting. I think they may have that deal on again at the moment. Its def. not a cheap floor and in some cases you could prob get the real stuff for the same price.

Anywho they did the three floors in about 3 hrs without any mess

Couple of pics of the floor

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

garyh3 wrote:
    Put down the Quick step 950 vgroove. with free installation by Des Kelly. Must say that the fitters were really good... and teh floor looks great.

Had 3 rooms to do cost 30Euro per sq yrd but free fitting. I think they may have that deal on again at the moment. Its def. not a cheap floor and in some cases you could prob get the real stuff for the same price.

Anywho they did the three floors in about 3 hrs without any mess

Couple of pics of the floor

Garyh3

Looks nice and that offer seems great. 30 € per sqy included instalation is definitively not too expensive. The 950 is the finest as far as I can see. Will have to see if the offer is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Noggle

How much iso t per sq. yd. to get laminate laid, if you buy the laminate yourself. Is this how its done or do you engage one guy to do the lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Noggle wrote: »
    How much iso t per sq. yd. to get laminate laid, if you buy the laminate yourself. Is this how its done or do you engage one guy to do the lot?

13 years. ?

Advertisement