Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Iron Maiden Live Album/DVD

• 30-08-2005 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

anyone get this yet? I'm a big Maiden fan as you may have guessed by my user name but seriously, they're really milking the whole live album thing aren't they? what's this? like the 7th live album? I own every Maiden album and most of the singles on cd and Vinyll but it's getting a bit much isn't it. especialy re-releasing the old singles and all.. also, aren't those southpark-esque videos for the re-releases really really bad.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It is a bit much, releasing a live album after both of the last two studio albums. Then the second Early Days DVD is coming out soon too, which will be Live After Death with some other bits and bobs up to the end of the Somewhere in Time era. Maiden England will be re-released after that... enough of the live schtuff already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I have it ordered, but it's not arrived yet. It is getting a bit ridiculous since their last four releases have been studio/double-live-plus-DVD/studio/double-live-plus-DVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

But isnt there the point that you are not forced to purchase them all. Maiden are such a good live band then a DVD after every tour would probably get bought. the Early Days DVD had some good stuff not available before.

Plus most of that stuff was on VHS - no DVD's then, so now you get to update your collection and have it for good on DVD, and they are packing a good few releases into one - I'd be dissppointed if the Part II of the Maiden "history" didnt have Maiden England thrown in.

Great show last night.

Maiden England is in the third "history of" DVD, the second one stops with Somewhere In Time. I'm not bemoaning the re-releasing of the old videos, I just think it's a bit much to release two double live albums/DVDs either side of one studio album.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

You sure about that?

At the Maiden gig last night, Bruce intimated that the next "Days" DVD would encompass the first four albums. His words were something like....

"We'll be back next year to tour our new studio album, and after that we'll be touring the second four albums to support the next DVD..."

Obviously I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of it. He said that right when they had to stall when Steve Harris' amp blew up.

• Advertisement

Twas in an interview I read last week.
    You're playing just the four albums on this tour because of the Early Years DVD Part One? Will there be a Part Two?

Yes, Part Two will be based around Live After Death and Powerslave and Somewhere in Time and we have started working on it

The plan is to do what will be our biggest, most spectacular tour we have ever done. The Powerslave era was the one that had all the toys.

It had the massive Eddie, the huge mechanical hands and Ancient Egypt. And we want to recreate the whole deal.

Suppose that's a bit ambiguous but I think Seventh Son/Maiden England to Fear Of The Dark would encompass part III to when Bruce left.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

That's good enough for me, I was just quoting what I heard last night.

It would be unlikely though, you must admit, that they will do a similar tour to one they did this summer, with only half the material to work with. It would be very tough to get a 90 minute set out of Powerslave ad Somewhere In Time as great as those two albums are.

Perhaps they will do a two tiered set, one half in support of Early Days II and the other half will be miscellaneous stuff. That would allow them to fill the time period that we have come to expect Maiden to play for.

They could just play the Live After Death set which I, for one, wouldn't grumble about :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

yea, that's one of the best live albums ever. definately Maiden's best

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

well look who it is eh!! its dundalk's answer to zak...

take it u enjoyed maiden,

hows bulls comin along anyway???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

indeed I did enjoy it. Bulls On Parade will be back soon enough. playin down in Cork next month I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Picked up Death On the Road yesterday. Not bad, not bad. I have all the original songs, but Maiden are just a good band to hear live. It brings back some nice memories. :)

Also, I just found out that one of the songs off an old compilation CD I never listened to is the song that came on the speakers just before Maiden started in the Point two years ago.

/me nostalgiates, if that's even a proper word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

The early days was great, I thought. I enjoyed it all, including the 20th century box docu and so on.

But I have to admit that I think they are putting out way too much live stuff.

Its a bit like Kiss Alive I, II, III, IV - only hardcore fans will buy this sort of thing.

Advertisement