Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost DVD out In Ireland?

• 30-08-2005 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the date of Losts arrival in Ireland on DVD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Expect the first half of Season 1 (Region 2) to be released here on October 31st! :rolleyes:

Of course.. you could order the entire season set from America (Region 1)! :D Released next Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭kinda lost

basquille wrote:
    Expect the first half of Season 1 (Region 2) to be released here on October 31st! :rolleyes:

Of course.. you could order the entire season set from America (Region 1)! :D Released next Tuesday.

I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it.
    But i want the whole series not half.

kinda lost wrote:
    I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it.
    But i want the whole series not half.
    Well... what are you waiting for?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Thanks but a Region 1 wont play on my DVD Player. Would it play on my PC or PS2? Could I decrypt it with DVD Decrypter and then burn onto a blank Region 2 DVD? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Right click > properties on your PC DVD player and see if there's anything there about your region. Your PS2, unless it's American, wont be able to play it. You could searching the web for your DVD players region free hack.

• Advertisement

Sweet wrote:
    Thanks but a Region 1 wont play on my DVD Player. Would it play on my PC or PS2? Could I decrypt it with DVD Decrypter and then burn onto a blank Region 2 DVD? Thanks
    Buy a Region-Free DVD Player - seriously, you can get them for about €50 now.

Alternatively, you could get the Region 1 it to play on your PC with some software no problem. It would probably take a good few blank DVDR's (not to mention a loss of quality if compressed) to burn everything from the 7 disc 'Lost' DVD.

Thanks.When will the full 7 Disc set be out in Ireland?

Sweet wrote:
    Thanks.When will the full 7 Disc set be out in Ireland?
    It probably won't be.

I'd expect the first half at the end of October and the second half sometime in January / February when C4 / E4 finish it.

And you'll probably end up paying more for the two halves than just buying the set from the US! Your decision though!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

you should be able to play region 1 dvds on your region 2 dvd player. As far as i know 95% of PAL dvd players can play NTSC dvd's but not vice versa for some reason.

I tried this with a region 1 dvd of Little Women (its not mine, i swear!!) on two of my dvd players and they worked fine. I then tried it on my ps2 and it played it in black and white.

It might not be the same for every PAL dvd player but, don't rush out to buy a multi region dvd player just yet. Also, as someone said there are region dvd hacks on some websites

it will work on a pc as far as i know, but i think it will lock the drive to a certain region if you change between regions after a few times (5 times i think) and you can't change it even if you restore to factory settings. I'm not completely sure about this, i could be wrong. Or it could just be my laptop

Yeah I have a couple of Region 1 South Parks which play in full colour on my PC and PS2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Region-free your DVD drive and your flying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Region-free your DVD drive and your flying...

Is there any other software similar to this that will over ride the region settings for example? Doesn't matter if it only a 30 day trial etc as this is only a stop gap while I move house and I will be without my DVD player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Jesus people, AnyDVD from SlySoft is a protection removal system for DVD's. I've been using it for five years!..

Get it

I thought this was common knowledge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Laguna wrote:
    Jesus people, AnyDVD from SlySoft is a protection removal system for DVD's. I've been using it for five years!..

Get it

I thought this was common knowledge!

Er, no, but thanks for the link anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭saintsaucey

Just a query if i brought my American TV and DVD player over there along with a power converter so I don't short everything out. would they work. I'm sure I would get yelled at because i hear you have to pay some kind of licensing fee for all electronics i'm just curious if I would have to rebuy all my dvd sets if i decided to move there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The TV won't work as the signal over here is PAL. However the shipping for a TV from the US would be quite high anyway. Nearly every TV here can handle NTSC so your DVD player should be ok (you just need the Power Converter), however as the lads say above you can pick up a multiregion DVD player for next to nothing as well these days.

Hey Gandalf what does CMod mean? Bit off topic I know but just curious

Advertisement