Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free txt messages

• 30-08-2005 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I was looking up this on the net some time ago. It seems that the English had some scam going were they replaced their message center number with a different number. This gave them free txt messages. Is there anything similar in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

Yes there was one thread posted a while ago that had to do with changing the last digit of the O2 message centre number to 4 (I think).

It doesn't work anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Sure that was going for about 2 years back in 2000 when the nokia 3210 was the most popular phone. All you did was change the center number to a foreign center number and you weren't charged for texts. It eventually stopped though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

So there is no number like that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

So there is no number like that now.

No afaik, there isn't. The mobile operators have worked hard to eliminate this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Zapho wrote:
    Sure that was going for about 2 years back in 2000 when the nokia 3210 was the most popular phone. All you did was change the center number to a foreign center number and you weren't charged for texts. It eventually stopped though.

I used that number to my advantage and then some :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

I think O2 changed their security as the word is out. :(

Advertisement