Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hurling final

Options
  • 30-08-2005 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

anyone get tickets for the hurling final??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Did you just join boards trying to get a ticket?

Afaik they havent been released yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I have 2 but they are for a private box!!
    It's far from it I was reared I can tell you.
    MPA

If you find/come across anymore MrsA give me a shout. Ill gladly take them off your hands. Please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'll have a unicorn if you can get any of those. If you cant get one of those I'll take a golden fleece of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

no i have my ticket solice, i was just goin to advise ye cork people not to bother getn tickets coz itl be a waste of time for ye like!!! :D

• Advertisement

AWW thats so nice of you to warn us so far in advance! Kind of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Well i guess ill be the good sportsman (sitting in the crowd hopefully) and wish you all the best of luck in the final.

well dont say i didnt warn ya.....

theres always one thats a wee bit too confident for his own good...

who said i was a lad?? Rymus :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Worst. Troll. Ever.

• Advertisement

what?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I have tickets!!

And they're all mine... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

wahoo got my tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Last year, the day before the final the entire family packed into two cars (we are all grown up now) and headed to Dublin. We left cork with not a single ticket between the 6 of us. When we got to Dublin we had 5 tickets sourced, 3 of which we had in our hands.

There is always hope

Don't forget the hang sangwiches!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    I think someone was taking the piss out of the touts:
    allirelandripoff was one winner with a bid of €1620 and
    boconnor2005 was the other winner with a bid of €1020

:eek: Oh my god that is a pure joke!! who would pay over 15hundred to watch a match for like 2hrs- no matter how desperate i was no way would i.. i mean they can be bought on sunday morning for face value!!

But fair play to whoever raked in that cash for it- i know what im doin with my ticket next year :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Msfc wrote:
    :eek: Oh my god that is a pure joke!! who would pay over 15hundred to watch a match for like 2hrs- no matter how desperate i was no way would i.. i mean they can be bought on sunday morning for face value!!

But fair play to whoever raked in that cash for it- i know what im doin with my ticket next year :D

I think the joke is on the touts here!

Got My Ticket!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

I'm driving up in the morning for the match. Where is the best place to park? Don't want to put up with the traffic, so was thinking of parking in the burbs somewhere and get a bus into town.

Well, you're liable to come back to slashed tires if you park outside my mother's gaff in Silverdale anyway. :)

I live on Boreenmanna Road these days and it doesn't seem to get hit with the loony parking you get down towards Silverdale. Seems to me that the walk'd be much the same, probably worth a shot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=cork+ireland&ll=51.888306,-8.433208&spn=0.037744,0.079338&hl=en

adam

Adam: I'm talking about the big match (in Dublin)(Cork vs Galway). It took me ages to find the M50 on your link. I had to zoom out REALLY far.

Ah. I'm not the sporty type by any stretch of the imagination. Thought you were doing the whole "up to cork, down to dublin" thing, which I've never understood. Wouldn't the Dublin forum be a more appropriate place to ask about accomodation in Dublin? :)

adam

Adam: Parking in Dublin (not staying longer than 5 hours - no need for accommodation), so I thought that some of the lads in this thread might be heading up there too and know of a handy place to park.

Anyway, I'll wing it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I know some people who drive into Leixlip, park in train station and get the train into Drumcondra. Don't know how that works out, but sounds relatively painless.

anything is preferable over driving into Dublin on the weekend of a hurling final...

rymus wrote:
    theres always one thats a wee bit too confident for his own good...

Prophesy or wha...

Msfc wrote:
    no i have my ticket solice, i was just goin to advise ye cork people not to bother getn tickets coz itl be a waste of time for ye like!!! :D

HA HA HA HA HA oh what fun was had!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Brilliant!!! Up the Rebels!!!!! :D

Advertisement