Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wierd happenings

Options
  • 30-08-2005 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

well last night i was playing on the tig server, and appart from the usual friends showing as enemies & enemies showing as friends (soo annoying), it was going fine

suddenly a friend (well i thought it was) killed me, luckilly i was revived BUT when i came back i had been givin a weapon upgrade, unfortunately i was killed a few mins later and lost the gun

anybody have this happen to them before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

when you die you drop your bag, if theres another bag nearby you may get that instead when you are revived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

so you can pick up weapon upgrade kits from fallen comrades and enemies?

do they become unlocked for you then if you keep the kit for the round length?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

You can only use them for that round. As soon as you die, you lose the weapon. theres no easy way around this unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

what normally happens is, if you die as a medic, some good soul will pick up your medic kit, revive you, and the you spawn with thier kit. Whoever revived you probably had an unlocked gun, happened to me a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doud

Yeah same here, you can pick up unlocked kits and play around till you're alive. The reviving thing too, when I get revived after a mass kill :o and there are many kits around I sometimes one other kit

DouD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

huh. i was wondering why that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

[noob]can you pick up someones kit while you are still alive? [/noob]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And just to make things even more fun, it's possible to be revived without a kit if there isn't one close enough for whatever reason, leaving you running around with your arms out, weaponless.

yeah i have seen that before, its funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I had this happen one time

Ran into a grooup of people and took most of them down except one who took me down
    Medic ran in and took him down and went to revive me
    As he was reviving me got shot himself(Sniper) so when I came back to life I had the medics kit! :eek:
    Just legged it from sniper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

lol
    So if are revived...wif no kit......what can ya do????
    Ya have nuffin at all or do ya still have ur knife or anything??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

madrab wrote:
    [noob]can you pick up someones kit while you are still alive? [/noob]

Walk over someones kit. Press G and you'll suddenly change kit to whatever they had and also get whatever weapons they have already unlocked.

Just thought I'd post this list here in case there are other 'basic' things that some haven't found in the game yet (mostly due to the so-called manual).

Right mouse button fires the coaxil machine gun in tanks.

Press X for smoke in armour vehicles.

Right-click grenades to thrown them further/shorter.

When dead press C to scrool through your team mates to see them playing.

Slide down ladders by using the SHIFT key.

In commander mode, the satallite can zoom in by 3 times (only 2 for squad-leader) so you can actually see people moving and spot them for teammates.

When climbing up ladders, press F11 to switch to 3rd person view. You can see if claymores have been planted without getting too close to set them off. F10 to go back to normal view.

You can duck on stationary MG placements.

Press 3 to change the rate of fire on the primary weapon is allowed (single shot/burst/full auto)

The TV guided missles can be guided by clicking the mouse several times while the missle is in the air.

Press Q, right click on 'spotted' and you can choose from a list the item you want to spot.

When injured, press left mouse button to call for a medic.

Use the F-keys to switch positions in jeeps/APC/choppers.

Pressing ENTER while injured prevents medics from reviving you.

Ponster wrote:
    Just thought I'd post this list here in case there are other 'basic' things that some haven't found in the game yet (mostly due to the so-called manual).

Right mouse button fires the coaxil machine gun in tanks.

Press X for smoke in armour vehicles.

Right-click grenades to thrown them further/shorter.

When dead press C to scrool through your team mates to see them playing.

Slide down ladders by using the SHIFT key.

In commander mode, the satallite can zoom in by 3 times (only 2 for squad-leader) so you can actually see people moving and spot them for teammates.

When climbing up ladders, press F11 to switch to 3rd person view. You can see if claymores have been planted without getting too close to set them off. F10 to go back to normal view.

You can duck on stationary MG placements.

Press 3 to change the rate of fire on the primary weapon is allowed (single shot/burst/full auto)

The TV guided missles can be guided by clicking the mouse several times while the missle is in the air.

Press Q, right click on 'spotted' and you can choose from a list the item you want to spot.

When injured, press left mouse button to call for a medic.

Use the F-keys to switch positions in jeeps/APC/choppers.

Pressing ENTER while injured prevents medics from reviving you.

thanks man, some i had not known before, it was killing me trying to find out how to change the rate of fire- stupid manual!

also

how do you call for new orders as a squad leader?
    how do you ask for supplies/airstrike?

madrab wrote:
    also

how do you call for new orders as a squad leader?
    how do you ask for supplies/airstrike?

Press the T button to request new orders, ask for arty, ask for supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

How do you apply to be commander at the start of a round ?

this one i know :D

at the start of the level if you press the "home" button to see what squads are available, at the top where it says commander their is an apply button, it takes a few seconds to see who wants to be commander, and givves it to the highest ranked player that wants to do it (i think :D )

you can apply to be commander at the unit/spawn selection screen by clicking on the 'squad' tab and clicking on apply next to commander.

this is also where you can start a mutiny against a bad commander if he's getting you killed.

you can apply to be commander at the unit/spawn selection screen by clicking on the 'squad' tab and clicking on apply next to commander.

this is also where you can start a mutiny against a bad commander if he's getting you killed.
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

• Advertisement
Advertisement