Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian Restaurants in Dublin City Centre

• 30-08-2005 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of an Asian restaurant in Dublin, I'm assuming it's going to be in Moore Street/Parnell Street, that sells noodle soup (the stuff like Vietnamese Pho etc.)?
    I discovered during my travels to Asia that I quite like this and would like to have some in Dublin but I've never seen it on menus in places I've been in (I'm not a big restaurant person though)
    Also, generally speaking, which of the Asian restaurants in the Moore street area is the best (and inexpensive!)? I took a walk around that area recently for the first time in ages, I didn't realise it had changed so much, I'd like to try one or two of the places there but I'd like some recommendations first!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

A close but expensive cousin is a hearty bowl of Japanese Ramen. Try Wagamama or Yamamori in town.

http://www.wagamama.com/food_sub.php?category=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Cheers bambam! I'm looking at the Wagamama menu now - I think I'll be paying them a visit soon!
    If anyone has any recommendations for the places around Moore Street etc. I'd still like to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

there's a restuarant on moore street oposite the entrance to the ilac centre, i dont know whats its called, its got orange/red painting outside with black doors i think. They have nice stuff with good prices. My chinese gf thinks this is the only 'safe' place on moore street worth visting. (ie. wont poison you)

elvis2002 wrote:
    there's a restuarant on moore street oposite the entrance to the ilac centre, i dont know whats its called, its got orange/red painting outside with black doors i think.
    I think I know the place you mean, I'll take a wander down the street again when I get the chance.
    They have nice stuff with good prices. My chinese gf thinks this is the only 'safe' place on moore street worth visting. (ie. wont poison you)
    Can't get a better recommendation than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Charming Noodle on Parnell Street sell noodle soup.
    There is a little group of Korean and Chinese restaurants just at the junction with North Cumberland Street.
    Charming Noodle do a 3 course lunch for 6.99 - fantastic value, and only a short walk from Moore Street.

• Advertisement

Thanks newgrange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

elvis2002 wrote:
    there's a restuarant on moore street oposite the entrance to the ilac centre, i dont know whats its called, its got orange/red painting outside with black doors i think. They have nice stuff with good prices. My chinese gf thinks this is the only 'safe' place on moore street worth visting. (ie. wont poison you)
    Is that the one with no english menu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

There's also a new Vietnamese restaurant in Temple Bar (behind the Central Bank). Its name currently escapes me though! Heard good things about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 happydayz

the vietnamese restaurant on temple bar is hosen, http://www.grabit.ie/details.php?rest_ref=107 , lovely food, nice atmosphere at weeekends as well. Red Berry on Georges street do nice asian cuisine and is also well priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

nice website matey

• Advertisement
Advertisement