Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up Business

Options
  • 30-08-2005 2:16pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right. I'm going back to repeat and was thinking of taking up business this year. It'll be a seventh subject and I got some good reports from other people saying that it is possible to take it up and do well in it in a year. But was advised against doing it today as my other subjects need MAJOR work.
    What I'm asking you preferably people who've already sat Leaving Cert Business is,
    A) Is it possible to get a good grade in Higher Level by spending the year on it? Preferably a B or Higher.
    B) What exactly does the course entail, i.e how long are the answers expected to be in the long questions? Would it be something along the lines of long questions in Economics?

Don't really want to rely on English and French for points and reckon I can get the points in Business but got a major confidence dent today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

I did Higher Business and loved it. Got an A1. I found it an easy subject but its one of them subjects that u either do really well in or not well at all.
    The Exam itself is all about time management. Its a race to get finished.
    If you're prepared to put the work in, you should be ok but it depends what other subjects you're doing aswell.
    If you have any questions, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Business was sooooo easy. I didn't do the homework or any study for the whole year. Just the ol' last minute crunch. And managed to get a B2 in Higher. Do it for a few weeks and you could eaisly get an A1.

Advertisement