Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting a car serviced

Options
  • 30-08-2005 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

Have to get my Micra serviced and the garage is quoting me €170 for a basic and €270 for a full service.

Can any garage fill out the log book or do I have to go with a registered Nissan dealer?

Can anyone recommend a cheaper/better place on Dublin's north side?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If the car's an older model, my advice would be to do the service yourself. Changing the oil and checking/replacing the brake pads isn't rocket science and it helps you to get an idea of the mechanics of your car. Just keep the receipts for the parts you get. A bunch of receipts will go well when you come to sell your car on. It's not hard and at least you'll know that it's been carried out. I've known too many cases where work has been charged for and never done. It's also a great way to save money as you'll discover when you buy the parts needed.

If it's a newer car, shop around. There are big differences between garages, especially non main dealers. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Moving to motors.

Advertisement