Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is interested in an investigation?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Nice one Kennett, sounds like a good deal to me!

Don't you hate that though, the way Ryanair are super cheap if you book it when they want you to book it, but at any other time it's a ridiculous price :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Christ i remember when airfare was actually expensive but i still get annoyed if it costs me more than €90 to fly across the water!

Glad you've booked it Andy ....... makes it all more real now! Can't wait for the 24th!

Hopefully there's a pub that serves food near the castle or somewhere to get food before we start off for the night, i love my grub!!

So whats the head count for the trip Andy has everyone mailed or PM'd you to say they are going? or are we going by the crazy poll?

6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

dublin6th wrote:
    or are we going by the crazy poll?

Not to suck up resources or anything, but maybe we shoud start a fresh pole now that its all clear and out in the open. Or maybe all the Pms are in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Dagon wrote:
    Nice one Kennett, sounds like a good deal to me!

Don't you hate that though, the way Ryanair are super cheap if you book it when they want you to book it, but at any other time it's a ridiculous price :mad:

Yeah, I do find that actually, funnily enough. I also forgot to book my trip for Christmas yesterday, dammit! lol That said, I'm still getting the decent price of £38.17, though I'm still working with Euros, so it's a bit of a killer... lol
    dublin6th wrote:
    So whats the head count for the trip Andy has everyone mailed or PM'd you to say they are going? or are we going by the crazy poll?

6th

Like Zillah said, I think making a new poll is best. I'll get to that now.

dublin6th wrote:
    Christ i remember when airfare was actually expensive but i still get annoyed if it costs me more than €90 to fly across the water!

I know the feeling... I'd still be a little peeved if it cost me more than 60 pounds to go to Ireland.

[/QUOTE]
    Glad you've booked it Andy ....... makes it all more real now! Can't wait for the 24th!
    [/QUOTE]

Nor can I :)
    Hopefully there's a pub that serves food near the castle or somewhere to get food before we start off for the night, i love my grub!!

Seeing as I'm heading there a day early, I'll be checking things out on that front. I'm 99% positive there's a pub not too far away, as the PRAI used it before. Once I get to Tullamore, my "maps" will be loaded. I don't know my away around a place until I'm actually there. If I started thinking about how to get around Dublin and I'm in London, I'd be pretty confused, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rochey

Guys my head is seriously wrecked that I won't be able to make it because about 4 hours before I read this post I made plans for the weekend but best of luck and hopefully me and a few friends will join you all on another investigation

That's cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hey man. I amnt sure if ill be able to make it this weekend. I'll let you know.

Webmonkey wrote:
    Hey man. I amnt sure if ill be able to make it this weekend. I'll let you know.

That's cool, if you can, you can, else there's always next time :)

Also, the prices I can get for the castle at the moment would be based upon time, more than anything, as the castle needs to work out a fair deal between us all; enough so the castle can be restored and sustained and cheap enough that we can afford it. To this end, a price structure was worked out, depending on how long you were to stay, however, staying the entire night still means you'd pay 40 Euros and unfortunately, I can't really do much beyond that. I'm sorry about that.

I'll start finalising times either Thursday or Friday morning, depending on how things are set.

So is it definitely €40 each?

• Advertisement

Dagon wrote:
    So is it definitely €40 each?

Boooooo!

Thats really gonna cause problems. So what do we get for forty quid? A room of our own with a bed and furniture and everything, or a corner with a sleeping bag and a roof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

to be honest €40 is still very reasonable, its a great prevlige to stay their in the fashion we are, and now we dont have to do any labouring we can walk around the grounds maybe drop into the town for a bite to eat and get aquainted!

So who's going by train with me & Zillah (by the way Zillah i wont be available to meet before saturday, am trying to fit alot in before the weekend sorry)

6th

dublin6th wrote:
    to be honest €40 is still very reasonable, its a great prevlige to stay their in the fashion we are, and now we dont have to do any labouring we can walk around the grounds maybe drop into the town for a bite to eat and get aquainted!

That does sound better...

Yeah, it will definitely be cool to just chill out or whatever, but €40+petrol+eating means the weekend may work out fairly expensive. A mate of mine was going to come along, but when he hears it's €40 I doubt very much he'll come.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Seeing as it's going to help restore a historic castle and not just some kind of profit making scheme I'm pretty happy paying it, also looking at the weather at the moment, a few hours labour in the garden wouldn't be much fun. :)

With regards to the price, the only time it would be cheaper is if you would be spending less time at the castle.

The main section of the email is this, which pertains to the price of the investigation:
    say if your gang only wants to spend say two hours here under your control for an investigation (basically long tour) - we would settle for a contribution each of 15 euros - you would have to add your bit. If they are staying three to four hours then 20 euros
    otherwise the full night must be 40 euros because others pay more and they will find out - ok?

On the subject of people not being able to afford the trip, I'm going to be talking with Dudley in a few minutes (I'm at the castle currently) to see what's going to happen with this and any other things that would pertain to price.

So guys, what happened?

Did ye go. I'm really sorry me and my mates couldn't go. Stuck in middle of college atm so it was quite awkward though i would love to have gone.
    I hope ye not all dead now or anything. Strange no more posts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Webmonkey wrote:
    So guys, what happened?

Did ye go. I'm really sorry me and my mates couldn't go. Stuck in middle of college atm so it was quite awkward though i would love to have gone.
    I hope ye not all dead now or anything. Strange no more posts...
    There was a new thread started:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=306272

Sweet. Cheers man

• Advertisement
Advertisement