Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger 10/22 Second Hand

Options
  • 30-08-2005 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Right I am going to embark on looking for a standard 10/22.

They are pretty much moddable but a few questions.

1.) If I change the stock to a tatical,bullpup etc will this have legal issues.

2.) I have noted there are 25 Round Magazines available and also 50 Round ones (but not pratical, weight wise) are these legal.

3.) What is the rough price of these second hand, screw cut although I most likely wont use a silencer.

http://www.mwgco.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=MWG/CTGY/RUGER-1022-MAGAZINES

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Hey Woodey,
    Havent a clue on the value...

I threw up a similar thread a while back, my one has folding stock and I use the 10 round mags but with a joining clip, i.e. 2 together that u can reverse, I have used 25 round and 50 round too. 25 round are impossible to clean...50 round can be a bit fiddly for loading etc.

No real wieght issues, but handling can be awkward with long mags, especially if your on the deck.

There doesn't seem to be any issues on legality, my ones been fired by cops many times.

If you get one stick on an extended mag release..makes a big difference, plus there's a handy modification to enable cocking by pulling the bolt to the rear.

Great gun, test drive one first though...as with any semi-auto there's a lot of movement...so not great accuracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Cheers I will have a good look around to see what is out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=180938&highlight=accessories

Thats the thread.

Did you ever get photos of that remington sorted ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

good point totally slipped my mind, pm me later to remind me

Advertisement