Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa sign Wilfred Bouma

• 30-08-2005 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Well I know the Owen story is dominating the news but I think Villa have made a very good signing in the Versatile defender Wilfred Bouma from PSV, they matched a minimum release clause of £3.5 million and he completed the deal today before being flown out by private jet to meet his Dutch team mates.

By all accounts he is a very good player, another unnamed premiership club had agreed a fee earlier in the summer but couldn't match his wage demands. With Laursen sidelined for a long time we needed a new center half and looks like we have got a good one, so with Tommy in goal Mellberg and Bouma in the center and Jloyd and Hughes on the wings I think we have a decent defence, the only remaining weak point IMO is the midfield we'r missing a creater like Merson in big way.

Up the Villa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

A great buy at £3.5M. Only 27 and bags of experience. A strong defender who can play, and he is no slouch. Scores a few goals too as far as I remember.

Two good signings for Villa this last week. It could be some battle for 4-10th place this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Great signing. As a Liverpool fan, I'm pissed.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Good player but lacks a bit of pace as I recall. Well, he's slower than On-ray at least, so he may be alright. Who have Villa got in the centre of midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Gavin McCann and Lee Hendrie as far as I remember. Hardly world beaters but two under-rated players IMO. Both work hard but can still get forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Gavin McCann and Lee Hendrie as far as I remember. Hardly world beaters but two under-rated players IMO. Both work hard but can still get forward.
    What about Patrick Berger? I haven't seen much of him since he joined.

Another good signing by Villa. I've seen him a good few times for PSV. Poor Laursen seems to have the curse of the Woodgate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Berger picked up an injury at the end of pre-season should feature a lot more in the coming weeks, Hendrie was banned for 3 games for being sent off pre-season. McCann and young Steven Davis from up north have been in the middle so far with Djemba Djemba on the bench. Davis has done really well so far but we still need another midfielder.

Strongest 11 imo
    Sorrensen
    Hughes----Mellberg---Bouma
    Samuel
    Salano----McCann----Berger/Davis--Barry
    Baros/Angel---Phillips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

wraps up a good summer for villa imo.

Advertisement