Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on BB in Dublin 5 area

• 30-08-2005 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

A friend has asked me to look into getting broadband for him. He's based in Dublin 5 area. He would like to ditch his eircom line rental so would prefer wireless provider. Now, I see that leap and irishbroadband service that area. Are those two services reliable? He'll be using VoIP aswell and he'll be working from home. Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Anybody?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Wireless is very variable, sometimes it works great, often it works very badly.

IBB have a very bad reputation here on boards, leap tend to have a good reputation but they are more aimed at business customers.

You should also check if NTL cable BB is available to your friend, it doesn't require line rental and it is much more reliable then wireless or even DSL in my experience. 1m = €25, 2m = €35, 3m = €45, with free install, equipment and 3m free for first three months.

You should also check with Smart Telecom, it requires a telephone line, but they are offering free line rental for life at the moment. It costs just €35 per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

bk wrote:
    Wireless is very variable, sometimes it works great, often it works very badly.

IBB have a very bad reputation here on boards, leap tend to have a good reputation but they are more aimed at business customers.

You should also check if NTL cable BB is available to your friend, it doesn't require line rental and it is much more reliable then wireless or even DSL in my experience. 1m = €25, 2m = €35, 3m = €45, with free install, equipment and 3m free for first three months.

You should also check with Smart Telecom, it requires a telephone line, but they are offering free line rental for life at the moment. It costs just €35 per month.
    Well, he will be using it for business so I'll have a look at leaps packages. I'm getting NTL BB myself so I know all about them :D It's not available in D5 unfortunately. I'll also give Smart a buzz.

Advertisement