Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Register Problem?

Options
  • 30-08-2005 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

I registered an .it domain name on Thursday with www.europeregistry.com, the last email i received from them was on Saturday which was just a standard invoice stating that they have billed me. I have heard nothing back from them and their website has been down for the past two days. I have attempted to reply to their emails but i have had no response.

Is this common? has anyone here any dealings with europeregisrtry or with their parent company, Instra. the instra site is also down btw. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Is there any record of the domain in the .it whois servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

thanks blacknight, No it doesn't seem to be coming up, it says it isn't registered. I checked it in www.completewhois.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

europeregistry.com seems to be based in Australia and hosts on instra.net.au. The 01/August/2005 for instra.net.au is:

INSTRA.NET.AU
    BIONIC: 227
    IE: 0
    COM: 150
    NET: 36
    ORG 16
    INFO: 6
    BIZ: 23
    Change: -20

I could pull the stats on instra.net.au going back to 2003 if it would be of any help.

Regards...jmcc

thanks jmcc, but when blacknight asked about the domain been registered i think he meant my domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

thanks jmcc, but when blacknight asked about the domain been registered i think he meant my domain.
    No problems Rollo,
    Generally if a hoster is on the way out, you can see them continually losing domains. This pattern often will distinguish a hoster that is just having technical problems from one that is a risk.

Just looking at the history of the instra.net.au hoster, it seems to be in trouble. The last new domain added (BIONIC) was in January 2005. It has had a net loss of domains each month from August 2005 to December 2003. In any month where there are any new domains, the new domain count is a single digit number. It looks like this hoster has been on its way out of business (unless instra.net.au has other nameservers or unless it has a major section of its business in .au ccTLD) or is no longer commercially viable.

Based on this, you should check with .it registry directly and make alternative arrangements to register the .it domain.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

http://www.nic.it/

(Via the ever useful IANA ccTLD Index.)

adam

thanks for the link adam. I'll have to do some research into the .it domain regulations me thinks :-(

they finally got my domain propogated, but they never told me! didn't send a confirmation email or anything!
    one of my friends followed the link in a email i sent him and it came up!

Instra.com and euro registery have terrible customer service, i dont think i will be a returning customer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They would appear to be pretty crap, but they have no control over propogation, that's just a technical term for the process of resolution changing as updated zone records travel between nameservers. I'm guessing you meant that they added a zone for the domain.

(Sounds like I'm being a know-all, but just trying to make sure future visitors don't misunderstand the process. You be surprised at the crap I get "told" about teh internets.)

adam

i think i might have spoken too soon about the resolution to my problems. Instra are providing me with more of a headache that i care to remember.

• Advertisement
Advertisement