Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP questions

Options
  • 30-08-2005 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Few silly PSP questions.

If I dont buy it with a memory card I cant save my games right.. ?

Should I bother buying screen protectors ?

What two games should I buy with the console ?
    ( Im leading towards Lumines & Ridge Racer )

If I buy off Lik-Sang will I get screwed for vat ? Is there anyway to avoid this ? How much will it most likely be ? ( if the order is around 300 )

Is the value pack worth it ? i.e Should I just buy a standard pack and get use my own earphones ?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Can I also ask: what are the killer-aps for the psp? Don't see anything that would make me want to rush out and buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

more than likely will get caught for vat from liksang as they use USP, although if you buy a psp and one game from them you get free express shipping.

i bought screen protecters as it's one hell of a screen and i'd like to keep it as pristine as possible for as long as possible.

sorry i can't answer your other questions as i would need a psp to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cremo wrote:
    more than likely will get caught for vat from liksang as they use USP, although if you buy a psp and one game from them you get free express shipping.

i bought screen protecters as it's one hell of a screen and i'd like to keep it as pristine as possible for as long as possible.

sorry i can't answer your other questions as i would need a psp to answer.

So if I buy a psp & 2 or 3 games it will all be delivered via free express shipping ? will that still get caught with vat ? what are we talking here ? 50 euro or so ? how do I get charged for this exactly ? is it just that I cant collect it until I pay or... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

slightly off topic i just heard on the radio that a truck load of psp's were hijacked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That'll be some nice cheap ones on sale soon then :D

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote:
    So if I buy a psp & 2 or 3 games it will all be delivered via free express shipping ? will that still get caught with vat ? what are we talking here ? 50 euro or so ? how do I get charged for this exactly ? is it just that I cant collect it until I pay or... ?
    the deal is a psp and 1 game, you'll still 80% chance you'll get stung for customs, as couriers are obliged to collect vat.

i'm not sure what the customs duty will be on the package, mine should be coming tomorrow or thursday from lik-sang (it's still in hong kong according to ups tracking :S but was guaranteed for wednesday the 31st)

Cremo wrote:
    the deal is a psp and 1 game, you'll still 80% chance you'll get stung for customs, as couriers are obliged to collect vat.

i'm not sure what the customs duty will be on the package, mine should be coming tomorrow or thursday from lik-sang (it's still in hong kong according to ups tracking :S but was guaranteed for wednesday the 31st)

so i'll have to pay postage for the rest ? Well that sucks.

Tusky wrote:
    so i'll have to pay postage for the rest ? Well that sucks.
    sorry no i should of made it clearer.

if your shipment contains a psp/ds with 1 game your shipment is free.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

slightly off topic i just heard on the radio that a truck load of psp's were hijacked!!

It's hard to know if you're joking or not. Oh well, I got one from Sony yesterday.... [edit] apprently not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

- buy a screen protector ( the hori one is good )

- If you dont want to risk getting stung by customs and you dont care about not being able to watch european movies, get the value pack from videogamplus.ca delivered to your door for 245 euros and they mark it as a $20 gift if you ask them.

- If you do get a memory card, get it off ebay, 1gig's are only about 75 euros compared to 150 euros in argos

ps: there hardly gonna be sold out in Ireland? no risk of duty and at least you have a guarantee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Definatley get Ridge Racers, Lumines is excellent but I'd go for Wipeout Pure instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't bother with ridge racers. It's okay, looks nice but there is absolutely no challenge and all the tracks are taken from previous games. Wipeout Pure is a far better purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

Virtua tennis! will probably be the best game so far when its released on thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 teckone2005

i got a psp about three months ago and haven't stopped playing,i really wouldn' recommend ridge racer as its ****e to be honest!
    midnightclub dub edition is brilliant and so is tony hawks
    buy it on electricbirdland.com
    thats were i got mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Could someone post what games are coming out on thursday? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Could someone post what games are coming out on thursday? Thanks!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable#European_launch_games

Do play.com ship PSPs to Ireland ?

It works out roughly the same price as buying one from lik-sng or videogamesplus.com...

I think I'll just buy from there.

Thanks for the replies!

It might fall under the category of being a "gadget" Tusky, though you may as well email them and ask.

Hopefully not anywho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Tusky wrote:
    Few silly PSP questions.

If I dont buy it with a memory card I cant save my games right.. ?

Should I bother buying screen protectors ?

What two games should I buy with the console ?
    ( Im leading towards Lumines & Ridge Racer )

If I buy off Lik-Sang will I get screwed for vat ? Is there anyway to avoid this ? How much will it most likely be ? ( if the order is around 300 )

Is the value pack worth it ? i.e Should I just buy a standard pack and get use my own earphones ?

Thanks in advance!

You need a Memory stick to save games.

Screen protectors?, personal choice, I'm not going to bother myself, as no matter how hard I try and keep screens/monitors pristine, some feckin love juice ends up on it.

I'd buy Virtua Tennis & Ridge Racer, well that's what I'm buying anyway!

I don't think you get charged for VAT from Lik-Sang, I'm probably wrong though, never bought anything off em though I am on the site quite a bit.

I'd get the value pack if I were you, the lil memory card supplied will be grand for games saves (not much else though!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

So with all the preordering, have they sold out or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

whitetrash wrote:
    So with all the preordering, have they sold out or what?
    i've said this in another forum (playstation), but if you're left out without a preorder, go to power city or xtra-vision. power city took psp's on sunday without putting out ads for preorders (they have approximately 0 preorders). i know finglas alone got 15. xtra-vision took very few preorders and each store was allocated a couple extra psp's over the number of preorders

Thanks! Going to collect it later, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

i got a psp about three months ago and haven't stopped playing,i really wouldn' recommend ridge racer as its ****e to be honest!
    midnightclub dub edition is brilliant and so is tony hawks
    buy it on electricbirdland.com
    thats were i got mine!

I really think Ridge racer is very over rated for the PSP, it was a good launch title but still over rated, midnight club is good but it is totally ruined by the terrible just iunsanely bad loading times, which does not bode well for PSP GTA because its the same dev team, but who knows. My favourite is everybodys gold, but the game of the moment seems to be Virtua tennis which is getting rave reviews.

if only Advance wars was availible for PSP

Anyone know what the World Tour Soccer: Challenge Edition is like?

Anyone know what the World Tour Soccer: Challenge Edition is like?
    It got an average of 70% ratings, according to metacritic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Somebody already returned World Tour Soccer, saying it was crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Yep i'd stay away from that, Fifa is better even if its not the best either. Anyone know if xtravision have psp games for rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

got my psp today and its version 1.5 :confused::confused: anyone else get a 1.5 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

got my psp today and its version 1.5 :confused::confused: anyone else get a 1.5 ?

That means you can play homebrew though.

Advertisement