Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

yeah i know but i bought it from xtravision so im kinda confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

yeah i know but i bought it from xtravision so im kinda confused
    didnt you read the card thing? you enter the demo disk when you first turn it on to update it to 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

the battery was too low to change the firmware :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I thought they were all coming with 1.52....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

the battery was too low to change the firmware :D:D
    you shoulda plugged it in then. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Zhane wrote:
    you shoulda plugged it in then. :rolleyes:

I think you'll find he's glad he didn't update the firmware. 2.0's only real benefit is a browser that has no java or flash support. Whereas with 1.52 firmware there's at least a chance at running homebrew apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yep i'd stay away from that, Fifa is better even if its not the best either. Anyone know if xtravision have psp games for rental?

Yeah they are renting both games and movies. I bought my PSP from Xtra Vision in Dundrum yesterday evening (last one hehe), along with wipeout fusion and virtua tennis.

TC

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Picked one up from Golden Discs yesterday (only place I could find one for sale, not being pre-ordered) along with Lumines or whatever its called. Very slick gadget & Lumines is great - a game I will still be playing, I think, in a year's time. One of the songs it plays though makes me want to place my head in a revolving jet turbine.

Of course, as soon as Advance Wars comes out, it will be back to my DS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah all PSP's are being shipped with 1.52 firmware, they put the lil note inside the box saying "Enter the Demo-Disc to upgrade to 2.0 before you scratch your sack" to try and scare people into thinking if they don't their PSP won't work. Simple story is, you can play homebrew on your Irish PSP as long as you don't update the firmware (I did though, I wanted the web browser damn it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Laguna wrote:
    Yeah all PSP's are being shipped with 1.52 firmware, they put the lil note inside the box saying "Enter the Demo-Disc to upgrade to 2.0 before you scratch your sack" to try and scare people into thinking if they don't their PSP won't work. Simple story is, you can play homebrew on your Irish PSP as long as you don't update the firmware (I did though, I wanted the web browser damn it!).
    i think homebrew will only work on fimware lower and including 1.5, but there's meant to be a downgrader coming out for 1.52 to revert to 1.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Played the PSP for the first time today in HMV for around an hour. Wow! Im definitely gonna buy one when I go to NY in November. What version is in America and will I be able to get Homebrew on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Slurms wrote:
    Played the PSP for the first time today in HMV for around an hour. Wow! Im definitely gonna buy one when I go to NY in November. What version is in America and will I be able to get Homebrew on it?
    By November it's likely that the ones you buy in stores will have 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Anyone know what the World Tour Soccer: Challenge Edition is like?

I bought it today and promptly gave it back with about 30 seconds game play on it. It's diabolical

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

By November it's likely that the ones you buy in stores will have 2.0
    Ah poo, well hopefully by then they'll somehow get Homebrew running on 2.0 I wanna play all the old Snes classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Tusky wrote:
    Few silly PSP questions.

If I dont buy it with a memory card I cant save my games right.. ?

Should I bother buying screen protectors ?

What two games should I buy with the console ?
    ( Im leading towards Lumines & Ridge Racer )

Is the value pack worth it ? i.e Should I just buy a standard pack and get use my own earphones ?

Thanks in advance!

Right about the memory card. However, the value pack includes a 32mb card though. To be honest, I haven't seen any non-value packs, so I'm not sure what the price difference is.

I think the value pack also includes a slip case, just to stop the screen getting scratched. Where I work, we got a demo PSP from America. We had it for a week (before it was nicked... :rolleyes: ) and we were real, real careful with it, but the screen still got very severely scratched. They aren't exactly delicate, but the bug screen means they aren't half as solid as the DS, and it only takes one fall... I would strongly recommend getting yourself one of the rigid carry cases.

Personally, I'd lean towards Wipeout and Metal Gear: Acid.

For anybody with difficulty getting hold of one, there should be some left in Smyths' Software Zone on Jervis. But be nice to us, yeah?

Advertisement