Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best cheap fm 2005 player

• 30-08-2005 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

kem izzet or omar daley

anymore please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭the tipster

and sorry probably the best free player in the game

MIKA VAYRYNEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Freddy Guarin, Benedict Vilakazi or Lebohang Mokoena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Freddy Adu, Mark Kerr, Sean Dillon, Harbuzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

anatoli todorov - litex (bulgaria)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Depending what you mean by cheap... Lebohang Mokoena ~500k, Edgar Barreto 2million willing to go to Championship clubs, Anatoly Guerk <500k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Where do yous play Mokoena?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Either midfield or in the hole behind the front man/men. I tried playing him up front but he just wasn't getting on the end of crosses/passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yep, definitely behind the front two, running in late to power home the crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Moekena was rubbish for me in the Premiership as Charlton..
    Played him AMC and everything, gave him loads of chances too..what a waste of 500k+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

DRakE wrote:
    Moekena was rubbish for me in the Premiership as Charlton..
    Played him AMC and everything, gave him loads of chances too..what a waste of 500k+

Uase him as an AMC but actually playing in the middle of the park and put an arrow all the way into the goal or 18 yard box and he is excellent. He is now worth about 20 million or something for me. ;)

You look at his profile it says he is a midfielder but his stats say he is a FRLC or something. :confused:

• Advertisement

Yea, Mokoena is a FC and is described as a midfielder. I'm using 4-1-2-2-1, Chelsea style and I either have him as a lone striker or in MC where both my MC's push up into AMC positon with the ball. He broke Celtics Top Scorer and League Scorer in the same season playing mosting in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭the tipster

is this the mokoena that p[lays for blackburn at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

seyi george olofingana (prob spelled wrong!) wolves -> wigan 1.7m averages 8.1 and plays every single game of the season without injury (except when hes at the damn african nations cup)

No, he's an 18yr old attacker playing for Orlando Pirates. And he is quite literally the Best Cheap Player available - bar none.

He can be bought for less then £1mil, and sold in 3/4 years time for £20mil.

No thats Aaron Mokoena yer thinking of

Sofaking, he wasn't talking about FM05 :D

But the thread title....... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

It definitely has to be freddy adu best player in de game u get him when he's 15 on a youth contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

yeah but if you're playing a network game its hit or miss with adu.. anyone of your mates can just buy him out anytime before he's 17 :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think Adu and Mokoena arent that good, they were in 5.0.0 but in 5.0.5 they've been made kinda crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

Bought this fellow from Rosenborg called Frode Johnsen for about £1.5m. PLayed him as a central midfielder running forward. Scores tons of goals from corners being cleared. Even got my fans player of the year for Man City ahead of Shaun Wright Phillips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Slurms wrote:
    I think Adu and Mokoena arent that good, they were in 5.0.0 but in 5.0.5 they've been made kinda crappy.

I agree with you on Adu his panths. Don't know much about mokoena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭irishgeo

crespo. bags loads of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The best cheap players i have found are

Naldo very good defender but will have to wait a year and a half or so before you can get him.

Also best right back in the game. Get him cheap sell him next season for 50mill +. His name is Philipp Lahm, Another guy you have to wait for him to come back from loan but his worth it. buy him at Xmass on the first season, if you wait until summer you wont get him thats for sure unless you can pay him around 70k wages.

another great player is anthony vaden borre & Vincent Kompany. All these players are cheap Vincnet might set you back but you might get lucky.

And if you have the money for Tevez get him, i think his one of the best players.

Also if you can buy Wesley Sneijder do it i know him and Tevez are not cheap but i sold Wesley for 74m and they also gave me Damien duff what a deal :).

All these players are a must in everones teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monaleen F.C.

Maybe they're a must if you start as a reasonably rich team and can afford them. I generally start in lower divisions and so cannot afford these players.

For real value try Giovanni Federico. I got him for £4k from 1.F.C.Koln. He has fantasitc technical stats, but everything else is average. And he's slow. But he has great finishing, longshots, dribbling, passing, free-kicks etc. And so is a deadly goalscorer.

Jhon Jairo Mosquera is fantastic, but needs to be helped develop. Buy him if you're a League One side and by the time you reach the Premiership he should have developed nicely.

Lebohang Mokoena is a good goalscorer when played up front, for me.

Gary Dempsey is a good AMC who I got on free transfer when I started. Still starts, plays consistantly well but isn't a great goalscorer. Just use him to develer the ball to your forwards.

Ronnie O'Brien and Herbert Obele are two good midfilers, AMRC, AML respectively. Only Obele is good enough for the Premiership however.

Aguistín Delgado is a good goalscorer, but will cost roughly £400k.

Check out cmfrenzy.com for player submissions and ratings though. But most, as usual, are the hugely expensive players you can only get as a rich team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Can someone tell me how t osign this moenka guy? his work permit always falls through.

Offer him a key role or wait till he gets a few caps and then sign him. Sometimes i got work permit problems other times i had no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I offer VillaReal 5m and they accept then offer him a key role and 20k a week and he accepts but the thing never goes through. I want to get him before his price rockets.

Also, Does Freddy Adu ever age. I bought him back in champo 00/01 and he was 15, bought him the other week there in FM 2005 and he is 15, whats up with that?

O and I have Dennis Bergkamp as one of my coaches after he retired and he is brilliant. Check him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Lukas Podolski can be yours for 3 million or so, if you offer incentives, say another 3 after 30 goals, and 25% of future fees. Definitely worth it.

Currently playing as Lyon, have Vilakazi and Podolski, but Moekona went to Valencia. Got Adu coming. Joys of poaching. How come you never get sanctioned in FM?

Advertisement