Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's in the Bag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Driver: Taylormade Burner Superfast 10.5 degree
    5 Wood: Nike Dymo 19 degree
    Rescue club: Nike Sumo 21 degree
    Irons: Callaway Razr X 4-PW
    Wedged: Cleveland CG15's 52 & 60 degree
    Putter: Nike Method no. 3 mid-mallet[/QUOTE]
    Ball: Taylormade Penta/Titleist Pro v1's
    Glove: Footjoy m/l
    Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 3.0
    Trolley: Powakaddy Touch
    Bag: Powakaddy Elite 3(Black and Yellow Leather)

All put together over the past 6-7 months. Only been playing a 13-14 months. Been on permanent nights since June 2009 so I treated myself to something every so often. Pretty much set for the next 5 years now bar some new wedges when the Clevelands are worn out. Playing on average 3 times a week so I can justify the costs. Got my eyes on some Adidas Adipure golf shoes now though... Absolute equipment fiend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Redriddick wrote: »
    Been meaning to do this since i got me new sticks:
    Driver:Titleist 909 d2 9.5 voodoo shaft
    3 wood:Cobra s9-1
    Irons:Titleist ap1 2 degree upright s400 dynamic gold
    Wedges;Titleist vokey 52 and 58
    Putter:Old ping pal putter.

Update
    Driver:Titleist 909 d2 9.5 voodoo shaft
    3 wood:Cobra s9-1
    Irons:Titleist ap1 2 degree upright s400 dynamic gold
    Wedges;Titleist vokey 52 and 58
    Putter:Taylormade rossa daytona ghost!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

staker wrote: »
    Following on from Myksyk's prompt

18032011279_thumb.jpg

Ping G15 10.5' Driver stifflex
    TM Burner 5Wood stifflex
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3 and 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
    Cleveland CG15 52' and 56' Wedges
    Ben Sayer cheapo putter
    Srixon AD-333 Golf balls

Hi-Tec Golf shoes
    Go-Kart trolley as of today:)

He's a Lefty! GET HIM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Titleist 907 D2, 9.5", stiff Diamana 65g
    3-Wood: TM Burner T3, Fujikura Stiff
    Utility: Callaway HiBore 22 degree
    Irons: 4-PW Mizuno JPX800 Pro, Nippon 950 Stiff, Hard stepped *new purchase
    Wedges: Vokey 56 deg Spin Milled, Mizuno TP11 54 deg, Vokey 52 deg
    Putter : Scotty Cameron Studio Select #15
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or V1x (depending on weather conditions)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

Another new addition

Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5 Stiff

3 Wood: TaylorMade R9 Fairway Wood Stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 19 degree, Voodoo Stiff

Irons: 4 - PW TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedge: TaylorMade 56 XFT
    Titleist Vokey 52
    NEW
    Titleist Vokey 60

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Sonoma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Update as of today:

Driver: Cobra ZL 10.5 stiff
    Fareway: Cobra 3 Wood 13 regular
    Hybrids: Cobra Baffler 2H 17, Cobra Baffler 3H 21
    Irons: Taylormade Burner 2 - 4 to 9
    Sand: Taylormade TP 54
    Wedges: 50 and 60 Titliest Vokey
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Bought a new ball retriever. Found 3 Pro Vs with it already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Bought a new ball retriever. Found 3 Pro Vs with it already :)

awesome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Hybrids: Cobra Baffler 2H 17, Cobra Baffler 20
    Irons: Callaway big bertha 5-SW
    Wedges: 52 and 60 Titliest Vokey
    Putter: Oddessy Crimson

No driver and no woods im afraid, i suffer from them too much and at one stage they had me quitting the game....with my 2 cobra's i get off the tee just fine and maybe one day will make the leap to a 3 wood, my real issue (i think) is just the large head on drivers, it puts me off no end so i just decided if it wast good for my game i could live without it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Ping i15, Stiff 9.5 deg
    Taylor Made V-Steel 3 Wood 15 deg
    Mixuno Fli-Hi CLK 20 deg Hybrid
    Mizuno MP32 4-PW Dynamic Gold R300
    Titleist 52 deg spin milled vokey
    Titleist 56 deg spin milled vokey
    Mizuno Raw Haze 60 deg
    Odyssey White Steel 2 cs Centre Shaft
    Bushnell v2 Rangefinder.

New addition in bold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    He's a Lefty! GET HIM!!
    :confused:

Who won the Shell Houston Open again??:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mr.mickels

hades wrote: »
    Irons: 4 - PW TaylorMade Burner 2.0

was playing with a guy using those yesterday so I hit a few shots with them and was surprised at the distance, they hit the ball VERY long for irons, even too long for practical purposes unless you are playing a very long course, as the PW must go farther than most 9 irons. I hit a 4-iron 240 yards on the par 3 12th in Waterrock, its all carry over water and I made it comfortably to the green, and hit a couple 5 irons well over the 200 yards and all shots went straight likely due more to the forgiveness of the club than my striking. Was in the golf shop getting a new 3-wood today, and saw a demo 6 iron of this so hit about a dozen shots with it, almost all of them carried 225 -230 yards and straight according to the simulator, even the ones I didn't think I hit from the centre!!! They hit it LONG.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

mr.mickels wrote: »
    was playing with a guy using those yesterday so I hit a few shots with them and was surprised at the distance, they hit the ball VERY long for irons, even too long for practical purposes unless you are playing a very long course, as the PW must go farther than most 9 irons. I hit a 4-iron 240 yards on the par 3 12th in Waterrock, its all carry over water and I made it comfortably to the green, and hit a couple 5 irons well over the 200 yards and all shots went straight likely due more to the forgiveness of the club than my striking. Was in the golf shop getting a new 3-wood today, and saw a demo 6 iron of this so hit about a dozen shots with it, almost all of them carried 225 -230 yards and straight according to the simulator, even the ones I didn't think I hit from the centre!!! They hit it LONG.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Jasonw wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Is that supposed to mean something intelligent?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

Yup, they're sure long alright, but they seem to have a relatively strong loft. When i hit them, i hit them miles, but still trying to get some consistency with my swing. Was 150m out from the green on monday night and hit a 7 iron straight off the back, and on a 200m par 3 i hit a 4 iron all carry into the lhs bunker. But on the flip side of that, i can leave a 9 iron short from 100m.

What i do love about the burner 2.0's in comparison to other game improvement irons i've tried is the height the ball goes, meaning you can really attack the green as 9 times from 10, and the ball will hold. Meaning you only have to allow for how far you are from the green to pick your iron, before i was factoring in how much forward momentum i'd get after the ball hit the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

Was in the golf shop getting a new 3-wood today, and saw a demo 6 iron of this so hit about a dozen shots with it, almost all of them carried 225 -230 yards and straight according to the simulator, even the ones I didn't think I hit from the centre!!! They hit it LONG.

Tiger Woods carries his 3 iron about 230.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Garda S Horgan

His missus carried that 9-iron about 180...

Yours in jocularity,
    GSH.

Thats about what I hit my own Mizuno 3 iron (obviously without the same ball control), I think Tiger also uses blades which won't go as far as these modern cavities. Tiger and all the other long hitters could hit the ball longer on the range than they will on the course in the interests of ball control. The ball comes off the Taylormade 2.0 like rockets, actually it does go too far for a good player who is playing for control with the irons rather than distance, which is presumably the reason the TM tour pros use their other irons. The clubs do look and feel rather clumsy by comparison, to me anyhow but I was impressed how forgiving they are and I hit every shot well with them so I would say they are very well-made clubs. I had heard the distance of the clubs can vary alot due to the construction method/materials but I must say both on the mat and on the course all the shots I hit landed within a few yards of each other, so the clubs could well suit those looking for game improvers. By comparison they had a Ping i15 7 iron (didn't have the 6 demo) which I hit and all were landing around 185, so would allow aprox 15 yards more for the 6, which puts it to 200, the same as my Mizuno 6 would go. Now it is also due in part that the TM are 2 degrees or half a club stronger for some ridiculous reason, the clubs already travel farther than is useful to a good player, so why they put them half a club longer makes little sense other than to market them as extra long. Allowing for the 2 degrees they were still carrying a massive distance beyond my own and the Ping, having said that if I was to change irons I would be more likely to choose the Ping over the TM, but would prefer Mizuno's over either. They are all well made clubs these days.

hades wrote: »
    What i do love about the burner 2.0's in comparison to other game improvement irons i've tried is the height the ball goes, meaning you can really attack the green as 9 times from 10, and the ball will hold. Meaning you only have to allow for how far you are from the green to pick your iron, before i was factoring in how much forward momentum i'd get after the ball hit the ground.

I would tend to hit the ball high as well, but am reconsidering this. I played 9 holes with the club pro yesterday, he had 6 birdies, 1 bogie. His drives went as high as mine with a slight draw but his iron shots were hit very low and had alot of back-spin on them, especially any shot from 100 yards in. He was saying he has far more control of the ball by hitting it lower which also keeps it well under the wind but by hitting with the more punching action he gets alot of stop.
    I am only recently back to the game and before this last 2 weeks my only ball striking was at the range, after watching the pro it displayed the value of hitting it low with a clean strike that gives it alot of stop, he also played with a fairly narrow stance and the ball a little back. Due to the spin he is getting he never needs to hit it high to stop the ball, so the wind won't blow the ball around anywhere near as much. In practice he also claims it is easier to learn and consistently hit the ball well like this rather than lofting the ball high, and is easier to judge how far the ball with fly!!! I intend to attempt to adjust for a while to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Updated as of this week:

Driver: Cleveland HiBore MONSTER XLS 10.5 Draw
    3 Wood: Cleveland HiBore XLS 15 Deg
    Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore XLS 2i & 3i, 19 & 22 Degree - new
    Irons 4-PW: Wilson ci6
    SW Old Rubbish one in need of replacement
    LW
    Wilson Harmonised 60 Deg
    Putter: Cheap no-name since I was 15, works for me
    Ball: Srixon Soft Feel or AD333

Next change: probably get a set of 3 MD Golf Norman Drew wedges, seem to be very reasonably priced, and I need replace my crap wedges with some evenly spaced wedges, probably looking at a 48/52/56 as my PW is 44 !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

Mizuno Driver

Taylor Made "Bubble Shaft" 3 -Wood (bet not many have them now!)

Callaway x-18 2 iron

King Cobra 3i - SW

Taylor Made 60degree wedge

Bobby Jones Soft Touch Putter.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Cosmic Penguin

Taylor Made "Bubble Shaft" 3 -Wood (bet not many have them now!)

I have - Lovely club, still.

Contemplating a change though

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

Ok guys I have only started playing again after 7 years where I played >15 rounds of golf and 0 of those were competitive. I was off 5 but more like anything right now! How you rate my bag? Do I need to change anything? I just bought a hybrid as 7 years ago I thought they wouldnt last!

Driver: Titliest 905T Pro Titanium with a Graffoly Blue shaft
    3 Wood: Cleveland launcher with Aldida NV green shaft
    Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 21'
    Irons: Taylor Made RAC's 3-9
    Wedges: Vokey 48' 54' 60'
    Putter: Odysessy 2 ball centre shafted with superstroke grip.

Bag: Ping Hooffer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cashelking

I havent started putting a three iron shaft in my four iron and cutting it down just yet, but I might start...

Driver: Titleist 909D2 9.5 NV Stiff
    3 Wood: Mizuno MP03 Dynamic Gold S300 / Callaway GBB2 firm (for days when I'm struggling to get the winter cobwebs off the big stick, too much lately!)
    5 Wood: Cleveland Hi-bore NV Stiff
    Hybrid: Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS #3 Stiff
    Irons: Callaway X18’s, 4-PW, dynamic gold R300
    Wedges: Callaway 52 and 60MD (Love the 60 but the gap is a bit much to 52, I’ve been finding myself throwing back in my SW on occasion and then utterly making a balls of my mind!! They dont do a 58MD LH. Might get it bent as its forged, you can bend them a degree and a half before it ruins the integrity of the steel, but I don’t think I’ve reached that level of tinkering yet )
    Putter: Dependent on how picky I am... Mizuno Betinardi A-02 / recently picked up this online for $25 - 2-ball STR / and have this for years - Yes Mallet (pre girls names!).

Think with the less I'm playing I could do with more loft of the driver, might change the other woods altogether but thats for another time, driver needs looking at but I dont like the look of anything at the minute, whats that cleveland like to hit??

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

bag.jpg

bit of a update

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner tp with a 44.5 tp Mitsubishi rayon stiff 54gram shaft

Hybrids: 3 Taylormade burner superfast 2.0 18degree with a stock RE-AX stiff 60gram shaft
    5 Taylormade burner superfast 24degree with stock RE-AX stiff 60gram shaft

Irons: 5-pw Taylormade burner 2.0 with stiff ns pro shafts

wedges: 52 8degrees bounce, 56 12degrees bounce 60 6degree bounce all Taylormade Ztp's with ns pro wedge flex shafts

putter : Scotty Cameron studio select newport 2

bag: Taylormade Maranello cart bag

ball: Titleist pro v1x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

bag.jpg

bit of a update

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner tp with a 44.5 tp Mitsubishi rayon stiff 54gram shaft

Hybrids: 3 Taylormade burner superfast 2.0 18degree with a stock RE-AX stiff 60gram shaft
    5 Taylormade burner superfast 24degree with stock RE-AX stiff 60gram shaft

Irons: 5-pw Taylormade burner 2.0 with stiff ns pro shafts

wedges: 52 8degrees bounce, 56 12degrees bounce 60 6degree bounce all Taylormade Ztp's with ns pro wedge flex shafts

putter : Scotty Cameron studio select newport 2

bag: Taylormade Maranello cart bag

ball: Titleist pro v1x

Very nice!
    I see where you got the username too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

Well here is whats in my bag :)

Driver: Diablo Edge Tour Driver 9.5 degree stiff flex

Woods/Rescue/Fairway Driver: Skymax 3W/4W FD

Irons: Skymax 5-PW/SW

Loft wedge: 60Degree Spaulding

Putter: Oddessy White Ice #2

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Just started back playing last autumn after a break of nearly 7 years.

Driver: 9.5 Mizuno MP 001
    Woods: 3 wood Mizuno MP 001
    Hybrid: 21 degree Titleist 909 h

Irons: Ping i10 2-PW, usually only carry 4 upwards but it's nice to have the option if I'm playing on a links course.

Wedges: Wilson Staff forged FW6 52, 56, and 60

Putter: Old Lynx mallet putter which I'm hoping to replace with an odyssey 2 ball backstryke soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Eric the Eagle

Driver: Cobra LD F Speed 10.5 Deg
    3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 15 Deg
    Hybrids: Taylormade Burner 18 Deg & Wilson Fybrid 21 Deg
    Irons 4-PW: Titleist AP1 710's
    SW: Titleist Vokey 56 Deg
    LW: Titleist Vokey 60 Deg
    Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #7
    Ball: Pro V1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Driver: Taylormade Burner SF 2.0 w/ Aldila NV 75 X Stiff flex 9.5 DEG