Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's in the Bag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

Driver Titleist 910 D3 8.5 degree (surefit D1) Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx M6
    3 wood RBZ tour 14.5 degree with Fujikura Speeder 757 (Waiting on delevery should have next week)
    Hybrid Titleist 585H 19 degree Aldila vs 80-s
    Irons Mizuno mp63's Project X flighted 6.0's
    Wedges Vokey's SM4 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 all oil can finish, spinner wedge+
    1 degree flat
    1/4" long
    Putter Scotty Cameron Studio select newport 34"
    Ball Pro V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭opinionated3

golfnut1 wrote: »
    Driver Titleist 910 D3 8.5 degree (surefit D1) Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx M6
    3 wood RBZ tour 14.5 degree with Fujikura Speeder 757 (Waiting on delevery should have next week)
    Hybrid Titleist 585H 19 degree Aldila vs 80-s
    Irons Mizuno mp63's Project X flighted 6.0's
    Wedges Vokey's SM4 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 all oil can finish, spinner wedge+
    1 degree flat
    1/4" long
    Putter Scotty Cameron Studio select newport 34"
    Ball Pro V1
    You're still waiting on the rbz golfnut? Join the club. They have shipped part of my order out today.....footjoy socks and the vokey wedge I reckon! Can't wait to hit the rbz....if its any good I might be tempted to go for the driver too. Hitting an old r5 dual at the mo but I imagine technology has moved on considerably since I bought that new. Frustrating waiting for new clubs to arrive isn't it!!!

You're still waiting on the rbz golfnut? Join the club. They have shipped part of my order out today.....footjoy socks and the vokey wedge I reckon! Can't wait to hit the rbz....if its any good I might be tempted to go for the driver too. Hitting an old r5 dual at the mo but I imagine technology has moved on considerably since I bought that new. Frustrating waiting for new clubs to arrive isn't it!!!

Ah i'll live.
    The Rbz driver is the same as all the rest but the fairway has a speed slot that increases the trampoline effect or coefficient of restitution which approaches the rules of golf at 1.9. Jesus I should work for Taylormade!!!
    Anyway I was in the market for a 3 wood and i hit the rbz best so what ya gonna do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Golfnut im pretty sure if you ordered the tour rbz then you'l be waiting til at least 20th March for her, going to mcguirks fitting day march 16th to try a few out ;)

Tones69 wrote: »
    Golfnut im pretty sure if you ordered the tour rbz then you'l be waiting til at least 20th March for her, going to mcguirks fitting day march 16th to try a few out ;)

Well they ship from tomorrow and am reliable informed that it should be late next week by the time mine is built and delivered, but the way these things go you may be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Well they ship from tomorrow and am reliable informed that it should be late next week by the time mine is built and delivered, but the way these things go you may be right.
    Do you mean they ship from taylormade tomorrow to golfstoreeurope? If so not so bad....should have mine next week too

Do you mean they ship from taylormade tomorrow to golfstoreeurope? If so not so bad....should have mine next week too

Yeah taylormade are shipping these from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

k.p.h wrote: »
    Swapped the MP-60's for 58's and put a new Ping putter in the bag for this year. Really want to try get fitted for a 910 D2 or D3 but don't know where I'm going to pull the cash from, cash best spent on lessons at the moment..!

If anyone is interested in a well used set of MP-60's give me a shout.

Driver: Ping G15 9*
    Fareway: None
    Hybrid: Md Superstrong 18* & 22*
    Irons: Mizuno MP-58 (3-pw, but only play 5 - pw)
    Wedges: MD Norman Drew 52* 56* 60*
    Putter: Ping Redwood piper S

Is the putter the ping nome?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Whyner wrote: »
    Is the putter the ping nome?

No this one, had not seen one in anyones hands before i got it, actually thought it was rare enough, day later end up playing with a guy that had one..!

200911110113p_ping_redwood_piper_s.jpg

The nome looks like a serious lump of metal.

Ping-Nome_640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Driver: Cobra ZL 10.5 stiff
    Fareway: None
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 2/R 18* stiff (delivered tomorrow), 4/R 23* stiff
    Irons: Callaway X14 pro series,rifle reg shafts. 3 to PW, SW 54*, LW 60*
    Wedges: Cleveland CG 14 50*
    Putter: Odyssey 2 ball

Will prob drop my 3 iron when I ger the 18* hybrid. It's the 2005 model and have being looking for that specific club for a good while. Have the 23* and wouldn't part with it for the world.
    Needed to fill the gap, as driver to 3 iron was a bit of an ask...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

TM R9 9.5 Aldila RIP Gamma 70 Stiff
    Titleist 909F 15 degree Voodoo Stiff
    Titleist 909h 19 degree Voodoo Stiff
    Mizuno MP-30 4-PW S300
    Titleist Vokey SM 52.8 56.14 60.8
    Ping Redwood Zing 33" Winn Jumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

MD ST2 driver.
    MD ST2 hybrids 18'' and 21''
    MD ST2 irons 5-P
    Slazenger Big Ezee Mirror Wedge MD Chrome 60'
    Spalding Sr5 SW.
    Spalding 2 Ball Putter.
    Srixon Balls.
    Plastic tees

That me. i think.Playing about 10 months.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Driver :- Srixon Zstar Aldila Voodoo XPP6
    4 wood :- TM burner 2.0 Oban Devotion 5
    Hybrid :- TM burner 2.0 Graffaloy Attacklite Stiff
    4ir to PW :- Cleveland CG16 tour Dynamic Gold SL S300
    GW to LW :- Cleveland CG15 DSG Dynamic Gold SL S300
    Putter :- TM Rossa Ghost TM-770

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

Driver: Ping G15 (Do not like at all)
    Hybrid: Cleaveland Launcher 21 degree
    Irons:Taylor Made R9's 4-SW
    Putter: Oddessy white hot 1
    Balls: Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Can't find my last post here but I'm pretty sure it needs updating...

Driver: Ping G15 (10.5*, reg shaft) - Really like it, it has an extra layer of tape under the grip which I'm not 100% sure I like. But I hit it quite well and it's ridiculously forgiving.
    Hybrid1: Ping G15 (17*, reg shaft) Lovely weighted club. Kinda bought it as an impulsive afterthought when I was getting the driver - but it turned out a great buy. I haven't carried a 3-wood in years because I could never find one I liked - but I don't need one as long as I carry this badboy.
    Hybrid2: Lidl €20 job, 19* - 8 years old and still going strong! Switch between this and my regular four-iron here and there. :D
    Irons: Mizuno Mx-22 (I think) - nice irons but will update maybe this year. In truth, I've never really been in love with them. They're a little chunky.
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52* & 60* - just fantastic clubs.
    Putter: Ping Craz-E, mallet-head style. Fairly old now, was going to replace it a couple years back but just got it regripped instead. Glad I did, only putter I've ever liked in my whole life!
    Ball: Pro V1 in the summer and usually a hard Nike ball or similiar through winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭dnjoyce

Driver: R11 9* standard blur stiff shaft, half a degree loft added, face in open setting
    Fairway: 909 f 15* standard stiff shaft
    Hybrid: Adams Idea pro 20* Aldila vs proto stiff
    Irons: Mizuno MP63 4-pw DGS300
    Wedges: Taylormade xFT 50, 54, 60 with ztp faces
    Putter: Odyssey white hot #9
    Tees: Wooden

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ratzy

Driver Taylormade superquad 10.5 deg, reg shaft weighted to draw
    Wood Taylormade superfast 5wood reg shaft (WANT TO CHANGE)
    Irons Taylormade burner 2.0 4-pw reg shaft
    WedgeTitleist vokey 60 deg
    Putter Odyssey sabertooth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

dnjoyce wrote: »
    Tees: Wooden

Nice ... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Splurged on new irons today so bag now ...

Titleist 910 D2 9.5
    Titleist 910F 15*
    Titleist 910H 19*
    Titleist 910H 24*
    Titleist AP2s 712 5-GW
    Volkey 56 and 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 studio select buttonback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Is it OK to say that I love that some people have put in the tees they use :D

Pink Castle - driver
    Grey Castle - woods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Driver TM Burner Superfast 9.5 Stiff
    3 Wood TM Burner 2.0 Stiff
    Hybrid 2, 3, 4 TM Rescue Mid
    Irons 5-PW Cobra S3
    Wedges 54 & 60 Vokey
    Putter Odyssey White Hot #7

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Haven't posted in this thread in awhile. Love for Mizuno products is evident. Few different options with the fairway woods/utility clubs. Cleveland is there more for sentimental reasons if anything admittedly though I do use it every now and again during the summer namely. Still swear by the Fli Hi's. Awesome little clubs that, and along with my LW are my go to clubs. Have a few different putters I kinda mess around with one pure blade, one mallet and one traditional. Think I'll always be like that with putters tbf, however the latter is what I opt for for the most part. All shafts are stiff. Play off 5. Though

Mizuno MP630 Driver 10.0
    __

Mizuno Fli Hi II Iron 15.0 (custom made, wasn't produced for retail for long)
    Cleveland Launcher 15.0
    Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid 17.0 (brand new as of yesterday)
    Mizuno Fli Hi II Iron 21.0

__

Mizuno MP58 Irons 4-PW (sometimes leave the 4)

__

Titleist Vokey Wedge Black Nickel 52.0, 56.0 and 60.0

__

Yes Courtney Putter 33.5"

• Registered Users Posts: 28 norma2000

Have the clubs below!
    Playing off 15 but will hope to get to 11 or 12 by end of summer! Any changes needed what do u think?
    I'll list current clubs and clubs I'm interested in getting!
    Driver. G15 10.5 stiff
    Wood. G10 3 stiff
    Hybrid. 19 ping rapture v2 reg
    23 g10 reg
    Irons. Ping s56 r300 4 to pw
    Wedges. 50 and 56 ping tour
    54 Bridgestone
    Putter. Yes mallet ex short and wide grip!
    All feed back appreciated! Im a big hitter of the tees and hit a 6 iron bout 155:160 meters!
    Thinking bout Wilson ci11 irons and a 910d2 driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭big_drive

Nice set of clubs. Don't see any gaps there so your probably ok. Making sure you have the correct shafts is probably the most important thing

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

norma2000 wrote: »

All feed back appreciated! Im a big hitter of the tees and hit a 6 iron bout 155:160 meters!
    !

hit my 8 iron 165... but then my chipping is dirt..... thats why im off 18. Joking aside it looks all right set up

• Registered Users Posts: 28 norma2000

FANTAPANTS wrote: »

!

hit my 8 iron 165... but then my chipping is dirt..... thats why im off 18. Joking aside it looks all right set up
    Ya I'm not massive with irons but the driver gets me most of the way!

just more practice mate i started last year 1st time to lift golf clubs and they gave me 21 got down to 16 but back to 18 its just practice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

FANTAPANTS wrote: »

!

180 yd carry with an 8iron, course ya do ;)
    Maybe boned 80 yds with 100 yds of roll

180 yd carry with an 8iron, course ya do ;)
    Maybe boned 80 yds with 100 yds of roll

165 easy but as i say im **** rest of game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seco

practice wedges and particularly chipping from around green. Putting practice very important 10 feet and in.

Advertisement