Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van carrying PSP's stolen!

Options
  • 30-08-2005 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Just read this on BreakingNews.ie
    A van carrying Playstation merchandise has been hijacked outside a petrol station at Pinnock hall in Swords, Co Dublin.

The van was holding a number of new Playstation 2 hand-pods which are not yet available in shops, as well as an assortment of PS2 games.

Gardaí are asking the public to look out for anyone attempting to sell this equipment, and to contact Swords Garda station with any information.

Anyone not getting their "PS2 Hand-Pod" this is the reason :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I read that as PS2 hand job... new device?

They'll be back on the market soon enough at about 3/4 the price though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

Hahaha, I don't think anyone who finds themselves in a situation to buy an unbooked PSP will be telling the police anytime soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

That's a bit of a pain in the arse for some people. I'd be fairly annoyed if I didn't get one after ordering it.

Probably too late to do anything about the situation and some people may be waiting quite a while to get a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Didn't see the thread in the Playstation forum, not like anyone reads it anyway :rolleyes:

Might be some cheap PSP's appearing soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

best we all start ringing around im sure we could sort something out..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Pacifico wrote:
    Might be some cheap PSP's appearing soon!

I seriously doubt they'll be [much] cheap[er than the shops].

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

That'll explain the Garda chopper and the couple of squad cars racing through Swords tonight just after 10 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

That'll explain the Garda chopper and the couple of squad cars racing through Swords tonight just after 10 so.

Actually, probably not ssing as the report was at 5.45pm...

Unless they got a tip and were on the way to bust their asses. What a game that would make...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thats so funny. nobody is going to tell the cops. so anyone looking to get one tommorrow, go early to get it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PSPs €120 PM me

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    PSPs €120 PM me
    PM sent :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

KdjaC wrote:
    PSPs €120 PM me
    damn got there before me :)
    otoh, there is a certain market in a certain small town where these things usually end up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And that market is down the road from me. I might have to pop down early on Sunday morning to have a look be for the coppers raid the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

yeah i got one already, wow wipeout rocks, and this copy of FF:advent children you get with it is sweet too.

:D
    and if you believe this youre an absolute chump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

That'll explain the Garda chopper.

LOL

Was it like a spinning top made out of paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

getting mine, from hmv, tonight 00am/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

TV3 news kept referring to it as the PS2 portable handpod too. What the hell...? IT SAYS IT ON THE BOX, PLAYSTATION PORTABLE. Grrrr...shoddy journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

THe ****ing thing has been in existence for more than 6 months at this stage and some twat with his hand on his cock has got the media talking 'handpod'.

(Maybe we are now getting the type of media dumbing down Americans normally get so as to help them understand things.)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Seemingly they were on there way to a retailer in Limerick when they got jacked.

Deadwing wrote:
    yeah i got one already, wow wipeout rocks, and this copy of FF:advent children you get with it is sweet too. :D
    and if you believe this youre an absolute chump
    Curse you and your misdirection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

i have a bad feeling that the media is beginning to classify everything portable as a "pod" of some kind the fact that all they know about are I-Pods - i have seen irivers and creative mp3 players referred to as ipods in the past - the same way in which older americans refer to all consoles as "nintendos" regardless of what they actually are - a worrying trend.

but come on, which moron came up with playstation hand pod? I see an image of cletus the slack-jawed yokel saying "hey ma, i done stolen me one of those fancy playstation hand-pod thingamajiggies hu-hunh"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A Hand-Pod sounds like some sort of incubation device for growing replacement hands in... which would be handy if you've been playing on your PSP for too long and have completely worn your hands down to nubs.

Although perhaps the van was carrying those PSP pods that are put on display in shops to let people try the console out. It may have all gotten mixed up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Wonder if good 'ole Max Clifford had anything to do with this... ;)

Also wonder if, as the things are WiFi'ed and SONY presumably knows the relevant serial numbers, SONY can/would do something about it once the units get bought and used (and in range of a WiFi network)?

(assuming of course they were retail units, not store demo-pods, although I've heard/read somewhere a figure of 10,000 units :eek: - bit it did sound like a lot for Limerick, no?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

A Hand-Pod sounds like some sort of incubation device for growing replacement hands in...

LOL

...priceless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PLease stop PMing me it was a joke.........

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

A Hand-Pod sounds like some sort of incubation device for growing replacement hands in... which would be handy if you've been playing on your PSP for too long and have completely worn your hands down to nubs.

got a good 10 minutes of laughing at that one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

if i was one of the people who stole the trucks i'd be trying to keep my handpods well hidden until christmas and then flog em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

KdjaC wrote:
    PLease stop PMing me it was a joke.

haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hand-pods...
    For the love of god...

Advertisement