Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get out of tricky € situation?!

Options
  • 30-08-2005 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Need some financial advice,
    had a lot of bills at once and credit card is maxed out.
    I'm due quite a bit of money in less than two weeks but i just need a loan of about 350 to keep me ticking over till then.
    I bank with BOI, and have a perfect credit rating, so what are my options?
    Overdraft v Personal loan, whats the difference, and which will work out cheaper for my needs.
    Tried the phone service but they are closed.
    Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Do you have any friends or relatives that might be willing to help you out? I think they should be your first port of call!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

€350 isn't much, ask for an overdraft at your bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭canavanbn@hotma

Yeah I have, just trying to be independent..ya know...gone out on my own recently, bills, rent etc and want to stay as non reliant as possible.
    But yeah it did cross my mind, i could but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

350 isnt exactly much to be honest.. overdraft will prob be the handiest and shouldnt cost you feck all if its only for a month..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭canavanbn@hotma

Grand, and how quickly can it be proccessed?
    What would i pay back on 350?, 400?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm moving this to a forum where it belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I know that Ulster Bank offer an interest free overdraft for students if that helps you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

overdraft on 350 400 will be feck all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Will take about 5 mins for them to give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sorry but can i make an alternative suggestion.

Get a second job or find a job that pays more and on a regular basis so as to allow you to budget more effectively.

By getting out more personal debt you are as you said just "ticking over". You will find with this strategy you will be "ticking" over for a very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

How's life up there on your high horse, Kluivert?
    The guy is just having a bad month with more bills that usual, it's happened us all, it doesn't necessarily mean he's bad at budgeting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

Overdraft is the answer and as long as you are earning a wage, your bank should be able to give you an overdraft equivalent to atleast half your net monthly salary without any hassle. They may ask you to have your salary paid direct into the account. The rate on an overdraft is about 9% but that is 9% per annum so €400 for 2 weeks will cost you around €1.38 in interest. You dont get a term loan to meet current expenditure like bills (unless your in a bad way).

Advertisement