Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB and Wireless Laptop

• 30-08-2005 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine just got a new centrino Sony laptop and it's trying to use it with the Eircom BB wireless router but the connection is poor and ofter web pages dont respond but as soon I plug it into the Lan port of the router it's fine. For example when Bittorrent is downloading wirelessly it goes at about 3-4Kb but when it's connected through the Lan it can get upto 40kb/s. I've tried to adjust a few power settings on the laptop but nothing seems to make a difference. A mac with a wireless card is also been used and that seems to has never had any problems. I've also downloaded all the latest drivers. The model number of the laptop is FS-285B if that helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Connection improves a bit when the router is unsecured instead of WEP but is still not stable.

Advertisement