Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a bank account

Options
  • 31-08-2005 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok all my life ive never had a bank account just a post office account.now though im starting to get annoyed by the fact that everytime i want to withdraw money i gotta go in a huge line down in the p o and then remember to take my p o book and some form of id.Now ive decided i want to setup a bank account insted to avoid all this crap.

just wondering what type of account i should be after i want one where i can withdraw my cash through an atm and where i can keep all my cash basicly.

I was also wondering what i need to bring down to the bank to start up the account and if there were any fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

think your best bet is permanent tsb, they are offering free banking now, all others will charge bank charges, which average out bout €30 a year,

think you'll need a form of id like a passport or driving licence

permanent TSB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

bring ID (passport/Driving License) proof of address (Post Office statement) which has to be dated in the last 3 months. you would be looking to open a current account, and if you are a student, you will not be charged any fees, but you have to tell them you are a student, and they may want to see a college ID to prove you are

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

may i suggest trying here as these people will give you more details
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Afterhours is not the place to post this thread.

There are other forums.

Moved to Economics/Business/Finance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

dunno if i qualify for being a student im only in 5th year(yey i get to repeat it again), dunno where im gonna get a proof of address either this ones got me stumped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Patricide wrote:
    dunno if i qualify for being a student im only in 5th year(yey i get to repeat it again), dunno where im gonna get a proof of address either this ones got me stumped
    they do second level education accounts in boi but offer more for 3rd level and post grad like myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

Patricide wrote:

a gaurdians proof of address is enough if you don't have one, do your parent or family have a bank account with anyone, if so the bank will be only to glad to add another member of ypur family to their balance sheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 raxall

what country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

$hitty kerry, what ill do is ill just get my daydaliss to gimmie a hand tomorro although i dont like asking for his help on anything cause hes one of those people who expects you to be able to do anything and in short is a prick

Advertisement