Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with iRiver

Options
  • 31-08-2005 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Guys help! I have an iHP-140 and recently installled the Rockbox firmware. However, i just tried to start up in original firmware mode and it seems to have frozen. It simply says "Rockboot Version 4 - Starting original firmware" but doesnt do anything: the backlight stays on with those words on the screen. I cant power it off so have to leave the battery run down.

Any help much appreciated (I hope you can come to my rescue if you're out there cormie :D )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Would you be able to put a previous build of rockbox on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Did you try booting into the original firmware? Rec & Play buttons at the same time.
    If you can, download the latest iriver and rockbox firmwares (and firmware patcher) and load them onto the player and see if that helps.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its knackered, I'll give you €20 for it :D

nah, should be easily fixed, did you look on www.misticriver.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Devious wrote:
    Guys help! I have an iHP-140 and recently installled the Rockbox firmware. However, i just tried to start up in original firmware mode and it seems to have frozen. It simply says "Rockboot Version 4 - Starting original firmware" but doesnt do anything: the backlight stays on with those words on the screen. I cant power it off so have to leave the battery run down.

Any help much appreciated (I hope you can come to my rescue if you're out there cormie :D )
    If you plug it into the PC using the USB port does it show up as a drive?

Try switching it on (after next charge of battery) by holding down the RECORD button first while clicking 'ON'. This should cause the IRiver Vanilla firmware to load up. At this point you can either delete the rockbox firmware, re-install the vanilla River, upgrade the firmware and away you go.

I've had one or two episodes like this; thankfully I've been lucky - hope you are too...

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Lads, thanks for the replies - just back from work now, left it charging all day and it seems to be booting up just fine in both firmwares.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If it crashes like that, resetting should restart it. The reset button is a little hole on the bottom that you can push a pin into.

Advertisement