Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most soporific drink?

• 31-08-2005 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

What drink makes you sleepy?

I find mint tea really knocks me out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

A single hot whiskey. They give them out at the break in the local one act drama festival, and it takes all my willpower to keep my eyelids up til the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I dunno what it is about it but I find 10 pints of Guinness makes me sleepy, I haven't quite figured it out yet :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A Belgian beer called Duvel. There are stronger beers out there, but one bottle of this and I'm snoring ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's gotta be drinking chocolate.

However, I always feel dozey after a few cup of coffee... seems to have the reverse effect on me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Crucifix wrote:
    A single hot whiskey. They give them out at the break in the local one act drama festival, and it takes all my willpower to keep my eyelids up til the end.

One act, with a break?

Nothing really makes me sleepy unless I consume too much of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Hot Chocolate knocks me right out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Hot drinks usually, coffee used to do it for me until I stopped drinking it. Apple Kopparberg makes me tired aswell, even though it is nice and cold :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Hot chocolate makes me very sleepy and so do some herbal teas. I also find that if i'm in anyway tired alcohol makes it worst and I have to try not to fall asleep in pubs.

Advertisement