Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midday Diversions?

Options
  • 31-08-2005 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping to join a few societies when I go back but I'm pretty sure these will begin at 5 o'clock at the earliest. This creates a problem for me since my lectures start at 9am sharp. That's alot of time to kill!

Is there any societies that do anything at around noon or 1 or thereabouts? If so, I'd be interested in joining. Is it true tennis takes place during the day?

And before anyone says I should kill some time studying in the library, be realistic! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Some societies have coffee mornings, usually sometime between 11 and 2. These tend to be smaller societies with less money, but the caffeine is free and it's easy to meet people and talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Is there any societies that do anything at around noon or 1 or thereabouts?

Yeah Lunch Soc.

Membership is free. You can bring your own lunch, or you can purchase food at one of many outlets. You can go alone and meet people or go in a group.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Anyone ever hear the urban legend about Bed Soc? It was apparently a bed, situated somewhere in the murky depths of the LGs in the Arts block, where people could go and....y'know.....

...........sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Vainglory wrote:
    Anyone ever hear the urban legend about Bed Soc?

Thats a new one to me.... I know there was an entrance to the underground tunnels near the LGs... but not a bed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

As it's already been mentioned lots of societies (including PhilSoc, yes I must mention philsoc in every post), have coffee 'mornings' in the early afternoon.

L&H or LawSoc (possibly both) do lunchtime debates, Dramsoc have some lunchtime plays.

That's all I can think of off hand, you should ask these kinds of questions at the freshers tent befor eyou hand over your membership fee.

Personally I prefer to loiter outsde the Arts Cafe with a pack of ciggarettes all afternoon, but maybe that's just me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Is there any societies that do anything at around noon or 1 or thereabouts? If so, I'd be interested in joining. Is it true tennis takes place during the day?

I don't remember the tennis club doing anything during the year during the day...or otherwise! Though I'm always up for a game during the day anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

The bed was a Physio bench from the Nursing course that got parked down in the LGs for storage, very handy for an afternoon nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I think scifi soc have regular coffee mornings. Didn't go to a lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm kinda in same situ as Mr. Bad Guy. I think I'm gonna stay here next year and if I do I'll probably only have 5 hours a week, an hour a day!!!! :eek: Seriously WTF could I do all year considering I'm pretty much a Billy no mates type around here. Well at least I have PatSoc! :rolleyes:
    I'm always up for a game during the day anyways...

Don't we all know........... tennis this, tennis that..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

get involved in belfield fm you don't have to go on air if ya don;t want to - therers is always lots to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

I'm kinda in same situ as Mr. Bad Guy. I think I'm gonna stay here next year and if I do I'll probably only have 5 hours a week, an hour a day!!!! :eek: Seriously WTF could I do all year considering I'm pretty much a Billy no mates type around here. Well at least I have PatSoc! :rolleyes:

Don't we all know........... tennis this, tennis that..... :)

Better than libertines this, libertines that.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

zap wrote:
    get involved in belfield fm you don't have to go on air if ya don;t want to - therers is always lots to do.
    i'm starting in ucd this year and was wondering is it possible to get involved in belfield fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

You just stick your details on the form and pop them in the box. They'll have a stand set up in the Arts Block, if the past two years are anything to go on.

And Tayto hit the physio bench on the leather.

Advertisement