Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top menu not working

Options
  • 31-08-2005 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭

It seemed to disappear about two hours ago.

I am also regularly getting this message "The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.boards.ie"

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050717 Firefox/1.0.6
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah this happens because Boards is backed up nightly around the 3ish mark. So the server cannot be contacted whilst this is going on (to protect data integrity I presume).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

It can be quite annoying when it goes down :mad: but it comes back at 4 :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

1) The backup doesn't start at 1am, when Victor said the menu disappeared and
    2) Victor has posted the most on this forum. I imagine he's quite familiar with the backup being at 3am...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How did we navigate before the top navigation was put in place? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

feylya wrote:
    1) The backup doesn't start at 1am, when Victor said the menu disappeared and
    2) Victor has posted the most on this forum. I imagine he's quite familiar with the backup being at 3am...

Do you follow my posts now and critcise anything I type? (a la my question on Feedback regarding being a moderator)

• Advertisement

Yes. Yes I do. It's a free service I offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yes ...

Um, no, I mean I can't remember back that far.

a/s/l?

Did you not just navigate with the stars back in those days?

Advertisement