Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traffic lights in Mountrath N7

• 31-08-2005 6:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

I see they are putting a set of lights in Mountrath on the N7 with the junction with the Mountmellick road.

Why? It will only make a bottleneck worse than it already is. What the hell were the NRA/Laois CC thinking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

I saw those the other day and am now dreading that journey. They seem to be putting them up to aid the traffic coming from the right as you enter Mountrath.

Have you noticed the extrodinary amount of roadworks that have popped up all over the country in the last 4 weeks. The N7 dublin to Limerick being a prime example? Is it really a case, as was suggested, of County Councils having to spend money before September otherwise they wont get as big a budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Noticed the traffic lights and was pretty much saddened - I sort of see the need if you live in the Mountrath area...I'd like to hope that they'd only be used at certain times but I suppose that's too sensible.

Noticed all the roadworks too, along with their honoured in the breach 60kph speed limits. What bugs me is the speed limit comes into force kilometres from where the roadworks actually start. I see the sense in speed limits around roadworks, I don't see the sense in starting them three km away though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

pleba wrote:
    Is it really a case, as was suggested, of County Councils having to spend money before September otherwise they wont get as big a budget?
    certainly looks like it, there are a lot of new footpaths (ffs) appearing around cork and kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Musn't be the end of the summer construction season at all then or the fact that councils work on calendar budgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

But the estimates need to be in by October time. So the money needs to be gone by september :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement