Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics....

Options
  • 31-08-2005 6:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Just looking for a bit of advice re economics. Repeating this year and the head suggested I should do it as my 7th subject. Said id be well able-thing is Im not sure if I share his confidence. I know its quite a short course etc etc and Ive done a bit of research in it. Just wondering if anyone here did it in one year and how did you do?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Didn't do it in one year but it's definately doable.
    If you know half the course i.e. just Maco or just Micro REALLY well you're gauranteed to do well as 4 long questions on each come up and you only have to answer 4 long questions.
    It's also a very predictable paper as certain topics are gauranteed to come up, i.e a market ALWAYS comes up, supply and/or demand ALWAYS come up, Government and the Economy ALWAYS comes up.
    I'd say do all the short questions in the papers and learn them off as the same questions come up again and again and then concentrate on either Macro or Micro and just learn one or two of the Gauranteed sections from the other half of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

I did it and got an A1 in it. I would highly recommend economics, in fact one of my friends is repeating and I’m forcing him to do it! It is a great (though slightly dull at times) course. Although I did do it for two years my 5th year teacher retired and my new teacher in 6th year started the course again and we were finished it with plenty of time to do past exam papers. So it is certainly do able and you could do very well in it. I wouldn’t try predicting the paper like the last poster says, there is not that much to learn and some of the topics back each other up so you should do it all. Best of luck!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I never said to predict the paper but there's sections that have to come up so you're better off learning them well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Cheers, looks like Ill be given the Economics a go then!

:)

Advertisement